Just started playing catcher.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
catcher-bring-it_product_display-300x300.jpg

softgabby

Gear Empress
Mar 10, 2016
Just behind home plate
Third game day, today. First away game as a catcher. Hoping for the best… we'll need it going against one of the best teams in the state. Ill keep you updated.

We're on the bus heading home on a high.

Sorry for no update on Monday. We won at home against a team that is a class above us. We won 15-12. We could not start our Junior pitcher because our school has a policy that an athlete is ineligible if they don't attend at least a half day of school. She had a orthodontist appointment and didnt get back to school until after lunch… so she couldnt play. We started one of our sophomores. We were out of sync all game. I kept trying to reassure her she was doing ok and we will work through her jitters. She did start settling in after 3 innings of play. Our defense didn't play well at all and I had my struggles as well with trying to block a pitcher that was all over the place. The other pitcher came in after the 5th and was a repeat of earlier in the game. I made an error trying to throw out a runner at 2nd. I tried to rush the throw and overthrew the second baseman in the second. I missed another opportunity to throw out another runner going to second in the fourth. However, our second baseman got thrown out of the game arguing the call. I allowed a couple of passed balls during the game. I, however redeemed myself throwing out a runner at third in the sixth and denying a run at the plate in the seventh. On offense went 2 for 4 with 2 singles, a stolen base and 2 RBI.

Today, I had my struggles as well… but not like Monday. Took our Junior pitcher an inning to settle in but we struggled to be in sync for a while. Failed to throw out two runners early in the game but managed to throw the one out at third that I missed nabbing second. Had no passed balls during the game. Went 1 for 3 at the plate with a strikeout, a sac fly and my first varsity home run that plated 3 runs to win the game 4-3 in game winning fashion.

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
Congrats! Keep plugging away and stay tough. I don't know if you're wanting to play at the college level or not but college coaches love Catchers with a big, consistent stick. Keep up the good work!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC