jb wb thread rear one legged

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 29, 2010
Did not want to hi-jack wb thread.

I understand your explaination. But what you quoted in bold, when his front foot is securly planted, he doesn't have a front foot. Also the other bolded quote, momentum is turned into rotation by a stiff front leg. He doesn't have a front leg, yet it looks to me he swings with such force. Where is this force generated from? How can it be blocked and pushed back?

The golfer over came his lack of front leg and almost certain he would out drive me. .

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Did not want to hi-jack wb thread.

I understand your explaination. But what you quoted in bold, when his front foot is securly planted, he doesn't have a front foot. Also the other bolded quote, momentum is turned into rotation by a stiff front leg. He doesn't have a front leg, yet it looks to me he swings with such force. Where is this force generated from? How can it be blocked and pushed back?

The golfer over came his lack of front leg and almost certain he would out drive me. .

Jack in the box. The force is up, the swing is down.
Golf is a little bit different than singing a bat isn't it?

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Jack in the box. The force is up, the swing is down.
Golf is a little bit different than singing a bat isn't it?

Have you ever golfed? I have been paying close attention to what I am doing and feeling (yes FEEL) in the tee box this summer. When I stretch and fire in the tee box with the same focus as the batter's box I get near effortless long drives.

I would probably fall forward if I didn't have a front leg, but I don't use it as a source of power.

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2008
ohio
Front leg
I say it it used for balance, to push against, if the knee is flexed the hips work better, land on the big toe of the front foot with a flexed knee would be ideal.
I would say the upper quads and hamstrings work with the core and back side on rotation.
Just a feeling, I have no idea what bones or muscles work for or against each other in a swing except for feel.

SL

R

RayR

Have you ever golfed? I have been paying close attention to what I am doing and feeling (yes FEEL) in the tee box this summer. When I stretch and fire in the tee box with the same focus as the batter's box I get near effortless long drives.

I would probably fall forward if I didn't have a front leg, but I don't use it as a source of power.

One thought - SnF - getting off redonkulous drives -

Naysayers have never felt it and thus stick to parroting advice...think for yourself and experiment...

And Booth needs to pipe down....nothing he has ever shown or written demonstrates he has an original thought....

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.

Naysayers have never felt it and thus stick to parroting advice...think for yourself and experiment...

And Booth needs to pipe down....nothing he has ever shown or written demonstrates he has an original thought....
Bang, welcome back Rayr.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009

Ray!!! Good to hear from ya! Was watching Knightsb coach his dd yesterday and was going to ask him it he knew if you were alive, but I got pulled away just after the game.

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest

Yes I golf. But I always said I would golf more often when I was through playing softball.
57, and still playing softball.

I used to hit the ball, all forward lineal, a giant thrust, forward with my back leg, front foot not even on ground at contact.
And I hit the heck out of the ball.

So do you NEED a front foot? cept for falling? learning front side resistance, has been key to many of my hitters this year, none more so, taught with those words, front side resistance, than my pitchers, who understand what it means.
the front leg continues the hip turn. This is why more power is generated pull, rather than oppo.
If stretch and fire were the only source or power, would home runs oppo, be just as common?

R

RayR

Sanity requires a break from these boards - :)

How is Knights DD doing?

Just playing catch up right now but it looks like we haven't advanced too far...

Question for Booth - why can I hit the ball much further and with more accuracy with a simple SnF approach? As an aside - why do my players hit better immediately following a round of rear leg swings? I don't expect you to answer with anything concrete....but there is always hope!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Just to move the discussion along lets discuss why these swings are different:
CabreraQuackery.gif

KempQuackery.gif

Little head way will be made if the perspective of push-block-push is used. Instead view the differences from a perspective of sequence and timing.

What you see here is more akin to "plant the heel and then swing". Notice how the front hip becomes the main pivot point.

33opdag.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g