Javasource Texas Two Step tour

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 12, 2009
Javasource discussing 2step and pushback

[video=youtube_share;aO5sLFI8G0I]http://youtu.be/aO5sLFI8G0I[/video]

Good stuff about false loads and the goal is not to have the backswing and butt going back at the same time. I'm sure that's what a lot of girls do.

Oct 22, 2009
I like the idea of the push backs with younger, beginner pitchers. I think this would help them feel the power they want and eliminate that need they generally want in taking that gym step.

Feb 26, 2012
Sequence-slide lean backswing. Push (sprinter start) begins when weight is transferred to push foot and arm is still going back (overlap)? Is this correct? Kinda confused on the lean then backswing-Edit- Nevermind, I think I got it this part.

We are going to give it a try. Her back foot action has been similar to what you are describing but she has been coming up on her push foot heel and then pushing off as foot retouched ground. I did it your way a few times and it feels more explosive. It feels like you start pushing sooner.

Great stuff BTW
Thanks

Last edited:

javasource

6-4-3 = 2
May 6, 2013
Western NY
I like the idea of the push backs with younger, beginner pitchers. I think this would help them feel the power they want and eliminate that need they generally want in taking that gym step.

It's also a great timing piece, too. Actually, I have some older pitchers really benefiting from this drill. I'll see if I can get permission from a parent or two to post some gifs... and you'll see what I mean.

For everyone else that's curious... just hang tight. I'll be posting a video on this drill in the immediate future. I'm three days behind... so I need to get caught up first.

Mar 23, 2014
SoCal
OMG.....just tested this with DD. Had her try to lift front foot after weight transfer to back foot and BINGO - false load.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi