It could never happen to me!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
Just a word of advise, That Pitching coach you tell the team coach about so he backs off his hello elbow plans does not actually have to exist. All coaches in the PNW please disregard this post.:)

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2013
Just a word of advise, That Pitching coach you tell the team coach about so he backs off his hello elbow plans does not actually have to exist. All coaches in the PNW please disregard this post.:)

I am a little slow but I got it now :) You don't have to say that your pitching coach is are people named Boardmember and Javasource and you've never met them in person ;)

Had to have these conversations myself a couple times lately. Now that I've done it a few times I think I'm getting more confident in it. Still really frustrating to just think someone has the gall to just say "I'm going to change your pitching motion . . " and not ask the parent first if that is an option.

Jun 19, 2013
I am a little slow but I got it now :) You don't have to say that your pitching coach is are people named Boardmember and Javasource and you've never met them in person ;)

Had to have these conversations myself a couple times lately. Now that I've done it a few times I think I'm getting more confident in it. Still really frustrating to just think someone has the gall to just say "I'm going to change your pitching motion . . " and not ask the parent first if that is an option.

Should have mentioned you in this post too Ken B. But I did mention you first thing at the time. Ken has been instrumental in any success my DD is having!! :)

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
"No, really! There's this really good web forum where a bunch of members know more than the instructors on youtube, all those DVD's, books and PC's everywhere!"

The sad thing is that there really is so little good instruction out there. I'd guess that 1 in 10 PC's understand/teach whip. There is more good info popping up in the web. Google "arm whip softball pitching" and you'll find some decent info to support your stance such as:

Elbow to Hip Arm Whip | fastpitch nicole

The Arm Whip Action In The Windmill Motion

However, if you search "softball pitching snap" you'll find a crazy amount on palm down, push, wrist snap and HE stuff...

The truth is out there and hopefully someday soon, the HE/wrist snap/hip slam crowd will be the minority.

Feb 3, 2010
Pac NW
Should have mentioned you in this post too Ken B. But I did mention you first thing at the time. Ken has been instrumental in any success my DD is having!! :)

Thank you for listening to my crazy talk about whip, pulling the ball, relaxing, brush and all the other softball blasphemy!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06