Is your daughter overrated or underrated?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 27, 2011
North Carolina
I thought this might be an interesting topic since I don't have any idea the direction the answers will take.

Do you think that your daughter's coaches (and the teams' parents for that matter) tend to overrate your daughter, or underrate her?

For mine, I think she's been slightly underrated in travel ball and slightly overrated in school ball, until this year. Now, I think the coaches hold her skills in higher esteem than I do. I have some worry that she won't live up to those expectations. The good thing is that I believe kids often rise to the occasion that has been set for them by coaches, and I also know there won't be any apologies or regrets either way since she works as hard as anybody and will give it all she has.

But how do you assess your daughter compared to her coaches and others who see her?

Apr 17, 2012
Wi
Its relative to the team and competition. On rec shes far above everybody on her team. Tournament top 5 or 6 but best pitcher with not much of a bat

Apr 13, 2013
DD might be overrated by her coaches/ parents but I know she is underrated by opposing Team’s players/ coaches. She will not scare anyone but if you look at your book at the end of the day she looks better there then she does on the field, if that makes sense.

You morons she is batting 1st for a reason, keep pulling your OF in. :)

Last edited:

Coach-n-Dad

Crazy Daddy
Oct 31, 2008
For the first time ever, I think my DD is rated correctly by her coaches, team and parents.

In the past, however.....

Big Dave

Sitting on a bucket
Jan 11, 2013
Oregon
You morons she is batting 1st for a reason, keep pulling your OF in. :)

No better feeling of putting a team on their heels when your lead off batter hits one past everybody for a double or triple!!

Well, for my twins (14U) - Twin 1 also our lead off batter for TB, starting SS - our parents (and opposing coaches after the game) know she is the best player on the field for us. For HS, she starts 2B and was flexed most games. I would have to say she is rated correctly for TB, and maybe a little underrated for HS. She is definitely a better hitter than some of the girls that hit for her, but earned her spot on the field.

Twin 2 - She used to be our #1 TB pitcher but due to little nagging injuries she is maybe a little off this year, but is our best CF. For HS, she played mostly JV - which is fine - but the team used her more in the field than for pitching. The girl that pitched most was an OK pitcher but a liability in the field, so my DD usually started at SS, 1B, or CF, and the slow, immobile girl got to pitch. That being said, I would say maybe the opposite of her sis, overrated for TB and underrated for HS.

Jan 25, 2011
Being that my dd is a pitcher, those coaches way underrate her. She should never play another position, in fact with her pitching, we don't even need half the girls in the field. She all ways should bat 3rd or 4th.

Apr 1, 2010
Interesting. IMO DD's coaches on her tb team underrated her last year. This year's coaches rate her fairly or overrate her, depending upon how biased I am. :-D

She's almost always underrated by the other team. Last weekend, she came up to the plate and I started giggling when I heard them saying, "Watch out for the bunt."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi