Is that the right move??

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Here is where we're at. The org. my DD plays with has 10 teams 16u - 8u with 2 10u teams. Her current team is 03 10u which she has an 03 DOB. The 03 team she played with this season had a couple 02 pitchers who got 99% of the mound time. The one game she got to pitch was way out of hand that we had no chance of winning so the coach let her pitch. This was a very good 02 team they were playing that hit the very well. She through strikes and they hit them. But she did get 1st K. I said all that for this. Next season we will have an 04 10u which will need a stud pitcher. Which my DD has the chance to be. Meaning she will get a lot of mound time (if she keeps working hard). On the other hand if she stays with the her current 03 10u team she will have to share mound time with another pitcher. I think playing with the 04 team will help her more and help the younger team. What are your thoughts?
My thought is to leave any organization who tells you you are playing on an 03 team and then puts 02 players on it. And in the same way an 04 team with 03 players. Either its a 10u team period, or its an 03 team it shouldn't be promoted as one and it be another.

May 18, 2009
The more pitching time the better your DD will become. 50% of the games and innings if possible. Usually the #1 gets the majority of time on the teams I've been around. It usually results in them getting 80% of the innings.

Oct 16, 2012
Is there a schedule difference between the two teams? Is a weaker schedule going to help her grow? Could she face batters by playing in a rec league also? What would she be sacrificing, by turning down the opportunity to play with a better team?

Jun 15, 2013
I would be just as concerned about playing on the 04 team and having to do almost all of the pitching. At 10u I feel it is important to still play a fielding position. Plus, if she progresses she may want to move back up to the 03 team. Will she still have that option? Also consider the catchers are likely better on the more experienced 03 team. An good pitcher with a poor catcher leads to a lot of frustration.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
matt_g