Is it possible to have Men's professional sport be any scummier?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Which one? The one that died from the boy friend and the ex-girlfriend? AP got a lot of sympathy for that one for a while. Until it turned out he was pretty much a sperm donor for the kid and took off.

Or the one he supposedly beat last year? Those allegations weren't public (to my knowledge) until after the incident with the 4 year old and the switch came to light last week. Hard to be outraged over an incident you don't know about.

But as we have seen time and time again it is quite easy to become outraged or at least feign outrage over something we know next to nothing about.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
But as we have seen time and time again it is quite easy to become outraged or at least feign outrage over something we know next to nothing about.

I've read APs texts.
I've seen the pictures of his kid
I heard the reason AP gave for disciplining him
Those are enough to convince me that AP is human garbage.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I've read APs texts.
I've seen the pictures of his kid
I heard the reason AP gave for disciplining him
Those are enough to convince me that AP is human garbage.

Yep. I agree with you. The list of such people is long and distinguished and grows daily. However, it is a local issue that certainly does not warrant the national attention it has garnered. But if it allows people to vent, express what they would do if it was up to them, and feel better about themselves I guess it is therapeutic in nature. Like I have said I am at a loss as to why people are so wrapped around the axle about this particular incident. Then again I am at a loss to understand the fascination with Kim Kardashian whose fame is based on a sex tape and a huge nasty butt. Guess I am getting old.

Dec 20, 2012
I don't see the need for the name calling and "being pissed" but if that trips your trigger have at it. I received similar discipline and was not abused. Again, there are those that want to play morality police but perhaps they should take a look at their own house before passing judgement on others.

I just finished re reading your post. __-off? Really. Pure class! You're going to tell us about your morality and then you put that on a website that is read by all ages. You even bring slavery into this discussion. Wow!

Darrell Butler

Like I said, IDIOT!

Anyone that can't differentiate some HARMLESS names and child abuse is exactly that. Never tried vouching for my own morality just making an observation of others. If it bothers you that much keep you comments off of a public forum.

Last edited:
Dec 12, 2012
On the bucket
Without agreeing or disagreeing with AP....

Shouldn't this be something that should be taken care by the legal system? Corporal punishment is legal here in Texas. AP's accused offense happened in Texas. Did it cross the legal line? I don't know and I don't think anyone posting so far does either.

After that happens, the NFL, Vikings, and anyone else can take whatever action(s) they feel necessary.

Trying this in the court of public opinion isn't productive. You will never get a consensus on exactly where the line is between punishment and abuse. Not to mention that most arguments will be either emotional or opinion based.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
I know. This thread was locked just before I posted something either stupid or redundant. Now I have ample opportunity for both!

To be both stupid and redundant: I said what I said and I'll say it again and if you don't agree, you are a stupid head, so there!

Hey, I managed to work in childish as well!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
I know. This thread was locked just before I posted something either stupid or redundant. Now I have ample opportunity for both!

To be both stupid and redundant: I said what I said and I'll say it again and if you don't agree, you are a stupid head, so there!

Hey, I managed to work in childish as well!

I'm tellin' Mom!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC