Is it possible to have Men's professional sport be any scummier?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 3, 2012
This forum almost sounds like the Judge, Jury and executioner. AP might be a piece of crap, but maybe should let the authorities do some investigating. Keep in mind that AP has multiple kids out there with multiple moms. These moms might be exaggerating some facts in their search to get their piece of the NFL millionaire.

JJsqueeze

Dad, Husband....legend
Jul 5, 2013
safe in an undisclosed location
This forum almost sounds like the Judge, Jury and executioner. AP might be a piece of crap, but maybe should let the authorities do some investigating. Keep in mind that AP has multiple kids out there with multiple moms. These moms might be exaggerating some facts in their search to get their piece of the NFL millionaire.

Or maybe the multiple moms and multiple kids is proof positive of him being a scumbag. I have yet to meet a man with multiple moms and kids that was not a dirtbag. And no I am no talking about someone who got divorced and remarried. I am talking about the morons that take fatherhood so lightly that they do not care if they knock someone up.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Cannonball: This is what I gleaned from various news sources. Maybe they have exaggerated. Maybe they got it wrong. Abuse cases always depend upon *exactly* what happened.

Aug 21, 2011
38°41'44"N 121°9'47.5"W
This is way off the topic of softball. Here I thought this site was to discuss softball issues. I come here to get away from this crap that shows up on the news message boards and Facebook.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

I'm not sure how anyone can really defend AP in anyway.

Last year she lost one of his sons to one of his women through domestic abuse by that women's current boyfriend. How can some one have that happen to child of theirs and ever hit one of their own children ever again?

Oh and AP played the Sunday following the death of that child.

Now he has a separate allegation stemming from his beating of one of his other children last year.

Unfortunately, blame the victim has been used pretty much since the beginning of time as well to justify this sort of garbage.

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
This is way off the topic of softball. Here I thought this site was to discuss softball issues. I come here to get away from this crap that shows up on the news message boards and Facebook.

I see your point. However, the issues of corruption in sports does affect all sports, albeit some more than others.

As for domestic violence, it would be wonderful if this were a problem that no softball player ever had to deal with.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
It appears that AP is the best thing that could have happened to RR. Now that AP is the celeb scum du jour he is probably catching a little less heat. At least that is what is trending in social media. So why all of the outrage from people toward AP for this incident? Where was everyone a year ago with the other kid? To the earlier post by sluggers as bad as these injuries may be, they pale in comparison to what happens to many kids every day. Is it simply because he is an athlete? Because he makes more money than we do? Maybe it is because it is convenient and it makes good conversation around the office. Or maybe because it is trending on social media. What happens after this fades away in a week or so? Will people have completely moved on from RR? Will they still be expressing outrage toward AP? Or will people have moved on to the new celeb scum de jour. I am sure AP certainly hopes that is the case. Pardon my skepticism but the outrage expressed by so many seems a bit disingenuous.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2010
In your face
It appears that AP is the best thing that could have happened to RR. Now that AP is the celeb scum du jour he is probably catching a little less heat. At least that is what is trending in social media. So why all of the outrage from people toward AP for this incident? Where was everyone a year ago with the other kid? To the earlier post by sluggers as bad as these injuries may be, they pale in comparison to what happens to many kids every day. Is it simply because he is an athlete? Because he makes more money than we do? Maybe it is because it is convenient and it makes good conversation around the office. Or maybe because it is trending on social media. What happens after this fades away in a week or so? Will people have completely moved on from RR? Will they still be expressing outrage toward AP? Or will people have moved on to the new celeb scum de jour. I am sure AP certainly hopes that is the case. Pardon my skepticism but the outrage expressed by so many seems a bit disingenuous.

Since I'm in the biz, I look how much this can/may be used as a marketing ploy. Spend $250,000 for a 30 second tv slot, or get weeks of attention for virtually nothing, you're letting the media fit the bill. Today's society and the marketplace, it's hard to distinguish good attention vs bad, financially wise they both make a lot of money. What we used as wholesome marketing 20-30 years ago has been replaced. Skin and sin get more response now, get more clicks on websites which drive investors, sell more products by popularity.

If you're a no name artist/actor/athlete, do something stupid and get national attention. In a week everyone knows your name, looks at your "products". That is amplified by a popular artist/actor/athlete. Now think about an organization who can keep the wheel turning using controversial lifestyles of its members. The number one rule of business is advertising and attracting the customer. Negative attraction into a market seems to be working well in pro sports. They know exactly what their doing.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
Which one? The one that died from the boy friend and the ex-girlfriend? AP got a lot of sympathy for that one for a while. Until it turned out he was pretty much a sperm donor for the kid and took off.

Or the one he supposedly beat last year? Those allegations weren't public (to my knowledge) until after the incident with the 4 year old and the switch came to light last week. Hard to be outraged over an incident you don't know about.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal

It is contained to this thread. There is nothing that requires you to click on links that don't interest you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
YOUNGG