IR question,...pretty please? :-)

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 27, 2010
Ok I understand what you are seeing now and how you're misinterpreting what you see.......You see her arm moving more from behind her hip toward the inside corner at the last moment before release to direct the pitch inside........So you think the direction of her arm circle dictates she must be externally rotates her upper arm, forearm and wrist.........FYI, the two are not related......IE arm circle direction and I/R..........You can have an arm circle that moves across the body with I/R........Or runs straight down the power line with I/R........Or toward the inside corner with I/R......

Nelson's severe lean toward the right helps direct her circle toward the inside corner at release........But she THROWS with I/R.......NOT E/R..........

Huh???.........Internal Rotation involves rotating from facing backward OR outward to forward and/or inward........OR even just from forward TO INWARD.......IT's ALL I/R.........And AGAIN........As I said in my first posts on I/R.........Pronation can be more or less depending on style and pitch selection/mechanics........But it's NEVER E/R in good pitching mechanics........

This my friend, is PURELY AND SIMPLY INTERNAL ROTATION with an arm circle directed toward the inside corner.........

2a4wghc.gif

Her forearm and palm simply "facing out" does NOT make it E/R.........The MOVEMENT of what her forearm and palm DOES through release dictates the mechanics.....IE OUTWARD TO INWARD...........I don't know why your SO LOST about this subject.......

I've done my best to help you understand arm circle direction as it relates to I/R.........I can't help you any further on this subject.........You can only see what you want to see...........

I'm not the one that needs help. You are the one that sees what you want to see. I believe the still photo @ 3:04 on the "Stacey Nelson Pitching" video shows more of what happens at release than a blurred video.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2011
I'm not the one that needs help. You are the one that sees what you want to see. I believe the still photo @ 3:04 on the "Stacey Nelson Pitching" video shows more of what happens at release than a blurred video.

Why the difficulty in accomplishing a simple copy/paste of a URL in a post, to support an assertion made during an argument, is beyond me. Passive aggressive behavior notwithstanding, I'll help you out Tojo.

For those of us, sincerely interested in this thread, here's the video (I think) Tojo is referring to:

stacey nelson pitching - YouTube
I actually set the time to 3:02, just to make sure no one misses it.

Or you can scrub to 3:04 from the video below:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n3s4Aau_o4M?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

IF this is the video/photo tojo is referring to, I/R may have already begun, or is about to begin. We can't tell. What I can tell is that the ball has not yet been released. Any other assertion just isn't supported.

Thanks,
Adam

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaci’s biggest fan