Info in prep for group pitching lesson w/Pete Meredith

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Bleacher Bum

Avid student of the game
Aug 29, 2013
NorCal
As has been suggested multiple times in various threads, I've been trying to get some info on what to expect prior to a pitching lesson. A local group has been able to schedule time with Pete Meredith for some small group pitch lessons (5:1 ratio). Unfortunately all that I've been able to find on him are his credentials, which are outstanding to say the least. But no videos, no critique, no feedback on his teaching style. So... what is in store for DD? We're one of the many who have been struggling with the transition from bowling to I/R. I'd hate to have her go and hear someone tell her to get behind the ball. Knowing that he was a riseball pitcher, I doubt that's gonna happen, but......

Again, I know that he has been referenced by others several times as one of the greats of all time. The only clue concerning his style that I have is a picture from his home page showing him pitching with the posture looking quite a bit like he's gonna "show it and throw it". If all that she got from this lesson is a clue on how to get more whip, it would be time and money VERY well spent.

pete meredith.jpg

Anyone have any experience with a 10 year old who's had a lesson from him?

May 4, 2009
Baltimore
Go to a lesson and find out. He was one of the best pitchers ever. Nobody on here is going to say anything negative about him and if I had a 10 yo daughter I'd take her to him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkhill45