If you can afford to play travel softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Since we are on the subject of player apparel, has any other DFP member ever wished they could take their TB team and get them airbrushed tshirts with cool nicknames, mis-matched batting helmets with butterfly stickers, and shorts and tennis shoes, and go play in a tournament where no one knows who you are?.....asking for a friend

Sep 20, 2012
SE Ohio
Parents,

If you can afford to let your daughter play travel ball, then you should be willing to look down on others and judge them based on how they look. Don't you know that travel ball is only for players not only with the means to pay lots of money, but also have discriminating taste? If you aren't teaching your kids to look down on others, then you just aren't doing your job as a travel ball parent. Show some class and look down your nose on the parents and children who obviously don't understand travel ball the way *we* do.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Since we are on the subject of player apparel, has any other DFP member ever wished they could take their TB team and get them airbrushed tshirts with cool nicknames, mis-matched batting helmets with butterfly stickers, and shorts and tennis shoes, and go play in a tournament where no one knows who you are?.....asking for a friend

You mean just going and playing for fun and not talking it overly serious? That is crazy talk!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
You mean just going and playing for fun and not talking it overly serious? That is crazy talk!

I was thinking more along the lines of "boot stomping" some unsuspecting team who had no idea who they were playing, but your suggestion sounds morally superior, so we will go with that.....

Apr 29, 2013
My DD played ball at 7,000 feet (Flagstaff, AZ.) All she was required to do was tuck the hood of the sweatshirt, down her back. She pitched and didn't like sleeves on.

My daughter can't pitch with a sleeve on either. So I made the sleeve of her pitching arm removable by attaching it with snaps. Now she can wear it pitching with no right sleeve, or with both sleeves when she's not pitching. She's gotten a lot of compliments on it for the fashion statement it apparently makes!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LisagS24