If you can afford to play travel softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 8, 2013
Parents - if you can afford to play travel softball then you can afford to buy your daughter a cold weather under armour type shirt. There are plenty of companies out there making cold weather gear, don't have to buy the under armour brand. Can probably find one for $20-$30. No need to send your daughter out onto the field or up to the plate in their pink princess hoodie or northface jacket. Not only does it look ridiculous, it can't be easy to play in.

Oct 7, 2014
I'm surprised a coach would let kids play in hoodies or jackets. Every coach my DD played travel ball for would have uniform rules like all or none with under armour not that they had to be the same brand but HAD to be same color. Same goes for her HS team. I thought hoodies and jackets were left at the rec ball fields.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
You just never know, maybe the kid won't wear, this or that. Girls, ya know? Yes, sometimes the coach will have better luck telling her, than mom or dad.

My DD played ball at 7,000 feet (Flagstaff, AZ.) All she was required to do was tuck the hood of the sweatshirt, down her back. She pitched and didn't like sleeves on.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
When it is cold outside they can play in whatever they want as long as the umpire allows it. As a coach I am more worried about how they play than what they are wearing.....

Apr 25, 2010
Parents - if you can afford to play travel softball then you can afford to buy your daughter a cold weather under armour type shirt. There are plenty of companies out there making cold weather gear, don't have to buy the under armour brand. Can probably find one for $20-$30. No need to send your daughter out onto the field or up to the plate in their pink princess hoodie or northface jacket. Not only does it look ridiculous, it can't be easy to play in.

Maybe that kid's parents fund raise like crazy to pay her travel fees. Maybe she travels with other families to those tournaments. Maybe she is a "scholarship" player.

My kid does wear UA, but she also wears a hoodie unless she is pitching. She gets cold easily. What would you suggest?

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
I watched Texas player in team hoodies during games just a couple of weeks ago. If it is OK for them, I feel good about letting our teams wear whatever makes them warm. We do have team hoodies they all do wear when it is cold though so they are lucky enough to still be wearing the logo.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
No need to send your daughter out onto the field or up to the plate in their pink princess hoodie or northface jacket.
Say's a parent wearing 'their' hoodie or Northface jacket. Maybe worst sitting in the car with the heat on watching the game.:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors