I know I'm right, but a little affirmation can't hurt

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Feb 3, 2011
Are you bunting? I see many teams in your age group that need to bunt and make the offense handle the ball, more.
Only a couple successful bunts all season and I only had the older players even trying it. Because we're so inexperienced, the primary emphasis for most was on swinging and making contact. While every other team would struggle with bunt defense, it wouldn't be much of an issue for the all-star team, except that they haven't really been tested on it (or anything else for that matter) this season.

Oct 13, 2010
Georgia
If you know the kids are going to have trouble hitting their pitcher (too fast or whatever), you need to bunt. A lot of teams with good pitching are lacking on defense from depending on the pitcher to shut down the offense. Use practice right before the game to work on bunting so they can at least put it in play.

When we were in 10u we beat the team with the best pitcher in the region (mabe even state) by bunting everybody on the team. Played them in the end of year region tournament twice. First time they put us in the losers bracket because we could not hit against her. Had to play them again for champions of losers bracket. This time we just put the ball in play. They made lots of errors and we beat them pretty good. Wound up winning it all.

I've read too many of your posts not to root for you in the tourney, so do whatever you can to win it!... did I mention work on bunting?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish