I could really use some advice..

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
First, I don't know your dd and so, keep that in mind.

My dd called and was coming home today. When she found out that I was inside in the cages with my team, she asked if she could come and hit. She was so excited. When she got up to the cage, she went around and watched some hitters. Soon, she was saying stuff here and there. Things like "intent to drive a ball." After some frustration on her part, I asked her to get in the cage and hit. These girls have never seen something like that. Afterwards, I commented to BB that she has to understand that when she is talking about level of play, getting after it when hitting, intent, ... that some players don't have a perspective of what she is really saying. In fact, I said, "It is like telling the how an orange taste when all they have eaten are apples." In some players, they really do think that they are getting after it BUT don't have anything to reference it with. Some will be able to find that next gear and some won't.

Aug 26, 2015
Forgive me if this has already been stated. I didn't read the entire thread, but have you considered contacting a D1 pitcher in your local area and asking for 3 - 5 minutes of their time for your DD? That could be the litmus test as to whether she wants D1 or if she only THINKS that she wants D1.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish