Husband is seeking input

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 18, 2013
I agree with Doug. Dont try and pitch through it. Do a walk through and keep backing up until she cant get it there.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
My DD does long toss as a warmup for every workout, practice, and game. Anytime she set foot on the field after she get her core going, it is on to long toss.

Jun 19, 2014
Raleigh,NC
DD just started doing long toss this off season. After the long toss she pitched.
In days that she isn't pitching, she is in the gym working out. The goal is to increase speed before school ball.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
One of the primary purposes of throwing long toss is to increase leg drive. Have your DD start @ 2B and throwing two pitches from that distance, take two steps back and throw two more, repeat until she can no longer make it to the catcher. Then reverse the process and take two steps in and throw two pitches until she makes it back to the pitching circle.

If you do this on a regular basis and your DD learns to optimize her leg drive, you should notice that her longest distance will increase over time and the throws on the shorter distances will be more of a rope than a rainbow.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd