Huddling between innings

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Sidebar: In showcases, we would approach the other coach about limiting warm ups. The goal is to play as many innings as possible in front of the college coaches, and games are timed, so we do one pitch throw downs, and batter up!

Jul 14, 2010
NJ/PA
I do not huddle my teams between innings as a rule. However, if I have to, I send the first two hitters due up for the inning into the dugout to get ready while I talk to the rest of the team. I've never had an umpire say anything. My lead off hitter is out there and ready for the first pitch. Sometimes the catcher will be late if she is leading off.

Exactly what our teams do. Leadoff hitter goes in to get geared up to hit, the rest of the team has a quick chat.

May 17, 2012
We huddle 90% of the time at the end of each half inning. Catchers are always gearing up or gearing down and not in the huddle. The first batter or last out is usually missing too.

We are not holding the game up by any means. Complain about the clocks and not the huddles.

How else am I going to get my awesome, folksy words of coaching wisdom (that will have no impact in the final score) out to my team?

Nov 8, 2014
the only place I huddle up between innings is inside the dugout and even then its maybe twice a game max. Huddling EVERY inning as the defense comes off the field leads to kids not paying attention especially when the huddle up is at a critical moment and truly important stuff is being said.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ourLadGloves