HS - Do you have your ace pitcher go for the K's or the easy gounders?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 10, 2013
Varsity game last night went into 9 innings. Our #1 threw 164 pitches....lots of strikeouts. Felt like and probably was 3-2 on a lot of batters. She threw great...a lot of pitches. Final was 2-1.

coachjwb

Love this game!
Apr 16, 2014
Northeast Ohio
It's all about getting 3 outs before the other team scores any runs last I checked. Different pitchers do it different ways based on their skill sets, but nothing's better than watching a true pitcher keeping the other team off balance with her different pitches, and ability to hit locations. If she doesn't have a ton of speed, chance are most of those outs are going to be ground outs or pop ups.

Jan 28, 2013
We get it. Nowhere in the 7 pages of this thread have I seen any response that says they'd rather have a ground ball than a K. The K is always preferable.

With the possible rare-ish exception of runners on, 1 out with a very weak hitter up and a fearsome one on deck.

I have heard plenty of NL managers say they would rather their pitcher stand there and strike out
than hit a sure double play to end an inning and not bring the top of the order up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish