Howard's Hitting Matrix - It Works!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
SB, some of us, including myself, pmed Howard often and have continued using email. Howard is a great guy. It is a shame that he no longer feels welcomed here. What a resource he could have been and what stories he could have shared. It is rare that a message board would have an individual participate that has his credentials. Working with members of the U.S. National Team as well as the Chinese National Team and then his years of experience in this game makes Howard truly unique. Factor in that Howard gets paid as a clinician across this great nation and he was here to share his knowledge for free makes this even more sad.

Good post. Most of it right.
Howard could get paid for clinics, and many have offered, but he does not. There are a few reasons he works for free
Very interesting story.

SL

Aug 1, 2008
ohio
FFS, we've had this disagreement before. Why would Howard have to defend himself when he is doing this for free? He has the resume. He has the International experience. Do you know of any posters who have coached the Chinese National Team? I don't see how you don't view that as valuable to this site. If I were him and some posters (any poster) questioned his experience/teaching/philosophy I'd ask them to post their resume. An example would be his belief in the difference between the male and female anatomy. He teaches different drills etc. because he believe it does make a difference. You, I and others have posted our belief that the goal should be a MLB swing. Who is right? Howard has credentials and success that I simply don't have. I'm not ashamed to say that. Certainly, the discussions he participated in were different than what I had been exposed to and so, I found those thoughts interesting.

To put this in another way, supposed Epstein, Yeager, ... wanted to participate in a hitting discussion. We know that Yeager tried on BBF. He basically said that he earns a living doing that and so when he was attacked, then why should he give away for free and endure the criticism when people pay a lot of money to hear his thoughts at clinics. BBF lost what could have been a valuable member. Same here. Howard doesn't have to explain himself to anyone. He can keep all of his knowledge to himself and share that privately or via clinics to whomever he chooses.

How true that is, posted above...

Some posters on here dont have a goal of lets just talk hitting. Thats what runs people away. Their ego and hidden agenda

SL

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
Some are selfish with their self proclaimed knowledge, while others are more open/sharing and wish to discuss hitting on forums like DFP. Some simply have other time commitments. Whatever someone wishes to do in that regard is up to them ... they can spend their time the way they wish to spend their time. People simply have a choice as to whether or not they wish to share information. It's a pretty simple really.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
So, Candrea is going to give a clinic on coaching softball and your option is attending a clinic presented by Cannonball. You pick Cannonball!

Jun 17, 2009
Portland, OR
So, Candrea is going to give a clinic on coaching softball and your option is attending a clinic presented by Cannonball. You pick Cannonball!

Sure ... why not?

Mike's clinics are fairly well organized and he keeps folks plenty busy. While a good experience, the amount of new material from year-to-year hasn't been overly significant as of late. I haven't been to a Cannonball clinic before ... would expect a different perspective that could potentially generate new ideas. Worst case ... we'd stay up late, talk hitting/coaching, and hang out at the cages.

One thing I know for sure ... both Mike and CB will answer hitting questions directly.

Last edited:

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
FFS, and I'd buy the Sweet Ice Tea. Of course you're not a Southern Boy and so, you might have a different beverage in mind.