How was your weekend?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Sounds like everyone else had a great weekend of play. Ours, to put it bluntly, sucked. It was marred by an outburst of one of the parents towards another parent in the stands. It was embarrassing...the umpires even told them to leave. Anyway, it really set the mood for the 2 games that we lost by 1 run each time.

On positive note, DD played well and did her part on the team. She got some base hits and made some good plays. Other than that, it was blah...and most of the parents are counting down the days to the end of the season...which is in 2 weeks.

Mar 11, 2009
My DD was 5 for 6 on Saturday in two games. Second game against a great team and she was 3 for 3 with two doubles and a single. Also Drove in tying run and scored game winning run in our last at bats! On Sunday she was 2 for 4 all singles.

Apr 13, 2013
Extra innings on Saturday, DD has never played 8 innings before. We were the home team.

We were down by a run, bases loaded, with 1 out and our 2 best hitters coming up.

Best hitter stuck out.

Next hitter, with 2 strikes on her, hit a rocket to the fence. Game over. Lot of fun for us. :) DD was winning run.

The other game, DD pitched the worse game of her life. She pitched better in 8U. We are not talking about this game anymore, it never happened.

Edit: None of our pitchers had been pulled in the middle of an inning this year, DD was pulled. She was really bad.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2013
most of the parents are counting down the days to the end of the season...which is in 2 weeks.

I have been there and it is no good. We have a good fun team this year and everyone will be sorry to see the season end. Hopefully next year will be the same,

Last edited:
Dec 5, 2012
Mid West
Team had a decent outing... took third place overall. In the semi final, game went 10 innings and we lost 6-7...passed ball on a wild pitch with a runner on three! Game over!
Brag moment... my dd had a career day in three games last sun, going 9-10 at the plate with 11 rbi's and technically hit her first over the fence hr. But it was only a double. We were on a men's field with a 275' corner fence and dd hit one to dead center field and the ball hit the fence in the air... it was her longest bomb ever. On a standard softball fence, she'd have cleared it by around 60'... ;)

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
It was a pretty good weekend...
teamwinningphoto_zps957c58ed.jpg

Apr 11, 2012
ours was great! we won the 16U ASA KC Metro Championship, but we were already qualified so a very deserving 2 place team got it....and get a break for two weeks with the hoilday coming up....

Jan 18, 2010
In your face
No softball for us this past weekend. We did get a little father/daughter time tuning the arm and bat. Got a TB state A tourney this weekend, picking up with a team we never have before, but know some of the girls. We won state in 06' in 10' and 11'...........told DD I'd really like another. She gave me her famous exciting answer, "ok". But I always feel its more like "whatever". :)

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
No softball for us this past weekend. We did get a little father/daughter time tuning the arm and bat. Got a TB state A tourney this weekend, picking up with a team we never have before, but know some of the girls. We won state in 06' in 10' and 11'...........told DD I'd really like another. She gave me her famous exciting answer, "ok". But I always feel its more like "whatever". :)

Your DD is very smart. Learn from her. Memorize and practice her exact intonation. Then, next year when she's at college and looks you in the eyes and asks you for a little money for whatever, you respond and drop that well practiced "ok". BOOM, she'll know exactly what you mean. Game over.

Alternatively, you'll go soft like me and pull something while quickly reaching for your wallet because what daddy can say no to their DD. I'm working on being the bad cop, but keep forgetting my role.

PS Just so I don't get accused of going off topic, it was a good weekend. 4-0 despite lots of rust after a 7-week layoff. Off to PA for a 3-day 8 GG this week(end)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd