how to launch faster and get swing out from body?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 15, 2009
Midwest
Check the difference of where her hands are set in her stance. In the first slo-mo video they are in a pretty good position. In the full speed video they are too high and the bat is flat.

May 4, 2012
game swing vs t swing not comparable. SHow her t-swing, replicate for little bit each session bf hitting front toss. Then keep working to bring it into front toss/live pitching. She will get there with a lot of front toss

Oct 10, 2011
Pacific Northwest
Having problems getting daughter to learn to go from launch and to swing away from her body more. As you will see in this video she turns the barrel, although not fast enough, but it is like her hands are tied to her back shoulder and then follow through she breaks down and gets it quickly to the left...any helpful drills or mental aspects will be appreciated.

I still smell a trap, but, when you say, swing away from her body, I picture an outside pitch.

The way I work going oppo, is with a tee at first. set the tee outside and at the back hip.

I stop the shoulder rotation with the knob towards right, and then swivel, pivot or turn the barrel , or whatever you would like to call it, with extension or "power v" towards right field.

I then use front toss.

I use a check swing drill, or parkers optimum contact drill also.

Now that they can hit right, you will find they will probably be back to arm barring, and casting their hands, so then you must fix that.
THEN...... you get the idea.

Sep 29, 2008
Northeast Ohio
There is no similarity between the game swing and the tee swing. That is the most important step. It has to translate. She how she hits if you capture game footage that looks like the tee swing.

Dec 3, 2012
Sydney Australia
1 difference is point of contact, the ball needs to get deeper in the zone before she hits it, so maybe more front toss training. Another is there is no stride in the game swing, and the bat starts more horizontal, I think front toss training can help her feel more at ease with her swing in the box because the tee swing looks great and if she can transfer that into her game swing...

Aug 1, 2014
Don't change the form. I've had good luck with adjusting the feet might try closing the stance up a little or a little further forward in the box. I've even had a girl start a little more open and step in a little closed and she was driving deep over SS instead of sown 3rd base line.