how far/long would you drive DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 2, 2013
Texas
I spoke to a family with 2 kids in our organization, and they drive 2 hours 45 minutes each way...on Thursdays!!!! I have to drive 13 miles, but it takes 45 minutes in rush hour traffic. Houston traffic sucks, but I can't imagine going cross town in Los Angeles.

Me_and_my_big_mouth

witty softball quote
Sep 11, 2014
Pacific NW
We are currently driving 1 hour, one way, 2x a week - although game weekends eliminate the 2nd trip for practice. Worth it. Try to make dinners ahead of time, and crank out homework in the car. Pack pillow and blanket for trip home. Word to the wise: DON'T LET DD SLEEP ON THE WAY THERE OR SHE'LL BE CALLED ZOMBIE GIRL DURING PRACTICE! Lol
Signed dd up for speed & agility at a local gym, where we can also use the tunnels for hitting - so we spend $50/month there and skip the 1 hour drive on hitting practice days. Coach is ok with that, it's a wash with gas.
DD loves the girls, loves the practices, loves the coaches. She is a happy girl.

Jan 18, 2012
Well we live 45 min- hour outside of a big city and have been driving it for seven years between two softball daughters and a basketball son. With one daughter graduating and a son who now has a more local option for basketball (at least practices), that leaves one 13 year old who we drive for once a week...not to mention the several times guest playing for a team 11 hours away...which we have now committed to permanently for the upcoming season of 14s. It's a big club, which will give her many more opportunities for exposure. If you're playing the big exposures, everyone now has to travel! If it's her dream to play "big" you have to give her the opportunity if you can.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kyleighsdad