How do you stay warm?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I sit in the car with the heater on and hope I can see the field. The other plus is I can yell at the players, coaches and umpires.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
Well, currently, I stay warm by staying in the house with the furnace on watching it SNOW outside. Oh yeah.... I am also wearing a beanie on my bald head. Have I mentioned that I HATE winter!

Jun 7, 2013
When it snowed here in MN a couple of days ago, I told my DDs that it felt like softball season. We've had two really bad springs for school ball the past couple of years where snowouts were not uncommon. Hopefully, this coming spring will be better.

Looking long term, I've put my DDs on notice that once I ship my youngest DD off to college that I will be spending my winters in southern Florida. I am not a winter person.

Nov 26, 2010
Michigan
Im freezing at practices, I want a heater. We have a tournament scheduled in December. What kind of heater do you have? How do you stay warm? I am assuming it should be a camping type heater, not electric. Help!

For practices, sit in your car. For tourneys, I have used the Lava Buns but by the second game they are done, its seat cushion with a microwavable insert. I have a bunch of HotSnapz hand warmers that my DD bought me for Christmas one year. Those are nice and you can wait to activate them when you need them.

Other then that we don't need much else, never saw a propane heater at a tourney before. But we live in Michigan not one of the cold weather states.

Nov 18, 2013
Everyone up here has the propane heaters, but oddly enough I’ve never seen one at a ball game. I have thought of bringing my fish house a couple times though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragonAC