How about this umpire?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 9, 2014
Meh, the league asked him to do it for a particular reason and he is obliging. The league and the coaches are not only ok with it, they've asked him to do it more and more. Good for him.

Jun 23, 2013
PacNw
I like it. Reminds me of an ump in our area last year that seemed to think he needs to justify every call he made with a brief explanation of his reasoning for all to hear. My DD was exceptionally tall for 10U last year and on one of the pitches he says, "Ball 3. That was a good pitch, though. Just bring it up a little bit, cuz she's taller than the other girls." Needless to say, that guy had the parents cracking up the entire game, and I have it on video just so I can go back and watch it when I lose my faith in humanity.

Jun 11, 2013
If the league likes it fine, but I'm not a huge fan of the umps that like to punch out a 9 year old girl like it's the world series.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Wish people would listen to the story before thinking its a look at me thing or whatever. We aren't talking about kids games for crying out loud. These are adult teams. Its funny when you know the whole story and how the players even get a kick out of it. He was ASKED to do this because the league was going downhill, it was boring and they wanted to draw some attention and fans. He is almost 50 years old and works harder than the players.

Each game he asks both teams if they are ok with it. If a team isn't, he doesn't do it.

Last edited:
Jul 2, 2013
Wish people would listen to the story before thinking its a look at me thing or whatever. We aren't talking about kids games for crying out loud. These are adult teams. Its funny when you know the whole story and how the players even get a kick out of it. He was ASKED to do this because the league was going downhill, it was boring and they wanted to draw some attention and fans. He is almost 50 years old and works harder than the players.

Each game he asks both teams if they are ok with it. If a team isn't, he doesn't do it.

Kudos ... It is baseball in a region few know about. just media doing what it does.

If it was softball, and we could figure out where, then maybe a discussion could be had here.

but it is not ... So it might as we'll be soccer. Just the usual forum banter?

I get a kick out of folks who extrapolate issues ... And just as fun the folks who jump on board (because that is why it is done) ... Instead of focusing on the educated facts.

Greenmonsters

Wannabe Duck Boat Owner
Feb 21, 2009
New England
Kudos ... It is baseball in a region few know about. just media doing what it does.

If it was softball, and we could figure out where, then maybe a discussion could be had here.

but it is not ... So it might as we'll be soccer. Just the usual forum banter?

I get a kick out of folks who extrapolate issues ... And just as fun the folks who jump on board (because that is why it is done) ... Instead of focusing on the educated facts.

Please stay on topic.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877