homeruns???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 17, 2012
I humbly disagree. We hit most in our ASA qualifiers and showcases. Where the rubber meets the road at 14U is whether or the the player THINKS she can hit a homerun. If she doesn't believe it, she won't.

So if my 14u team *THINKS* they can hit HR's all weekend they will but if they don't it's because they didn't believe?

Jan 18, 2015
We have a 13u player in Ohio who has 18 and had 24 last year..not a big kid maybe tops out at 115 but her bat speed holy moly..

Oct 22, 2009
PA
So if my 14u team *THINKS* they can hit HR's all weekend they will but if they don't it's because they didn't believe?

There is a mental aspect to becoming a power hitter (size also helps). Too often I see girls at this age who are satisfied hitting singles. That doesn't get it done if you are looking to move to the next level. The softball world is full of singles hitters. Hit a home run, and you get people's attention. Our Gold team has averaged more than a home run a game this year (including 13 HRs at Diamond 9 in Feb. against very good pitching). Two of those HRs were hit by a 14yo.

Jul 16, 2008
Oregon
In my neck of the woods it seems the complete opposite. There has been a decrease of HR's hit in the games I have watched/coached. Right now our pitchers (3 of them) have given up 5, and we have hit 5.

Aug 6, 2013
On my 14U B team we have a girl who's main sport is volleyball. In fact, she missed at least a third of our games due to national volleyball tournaments, etc. In spite of this she has two well over the fence home runs. She trains hard for volleyball and this training carries over into her softball performance. If she wanted to take softball seriously she could really go somewhere. However, the future is probably already very clear. She'll be attending college on a volleyball scholarship.[/QUOTE

There was a girl on my daughters school ball team (Jr High) who hit 17 in 19 games - all legit over the fence (I think she also had two or three inside the park) Her main sport is Basketball
and she played rec baseball up untill a year ago. She plays on a travel team but not sure how many she's hit there.

Jun 11, 2013
When we play with a fence we usually will see 1 or 2 in our games in a weekend. Without a fence it's usually a few more. We have almost all 01 players with Fall birthdays so we are far from physically imposing when we play. DD has a couple and another player has 1 but 3 more could hits. Most couldn't ever hit one.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
RHC's kid is a PLAYER! 19 bombs!!! Additional proof that DFP has some outstanding parents representing outstanding athletes.

As an FYI, I don't know that my dd ever hit more than 8 in a summer or HS season. She hit 8 her senior year.

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
I'm lucky to see 1 over the fence a weekend at 14U. My DD has rattled the fence 20+ times this year but not one over. 3 have hit the yellow on top and bounced in, one folded a temp fence in half and it shot the ball back in. Same thing present in all these hits, the ball was not the same as last year. These were the new NSA .52/275/300 ball not the .47 375 which I believe all those shots would have been out or atleast 15 of the 20. But I'm her dad so even a bunt has a chance right? :)

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pitch Machine Pros