Hitting baseballs with a Xeno

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 18, 2013
Will it damage a 2015 Xeno to have my daughter hit front toss and 30-40 MPH pitched baseballs? We have older bats but they are lighter or her brother's old beater baseball bats. Just trying to do something to help focus her visual focus on a smaller target without slowing down to wiffle balls.

Jun 13, 2015
I won't let my DD soft toss baseballs with her Mako or her older hand me down Stealth. Mako paperwork said no baseballs I'm pretty sure.

Dec 11, 2010
Some will say yes and some will say no.

We hit stitched baseballs front toss and dimple machine balls out of machine all the time. (2x a week for dd's 12u team). Have not had any problems at all. Demarini, Xeno, LXT and a variety of Easton's. Remember, they have a smaller footprint but are also lighter. I think they may actually be easier on the bats but that is opinion.

Baseballs come off a fastpitch bat really well and they are hard to see. Be careful. As far as hitting something different, the front tossed ones move (curve) better and the machine balls fly a little different. Here comes another opinion: I kinda think they are easier to square up not harder once the girls are used to hitting them.

Dec 11, 2010
Yes GM, he does!

Hit it like you stole it!

I guess I think about it this way, we play USSSA a lot so we have to have newer bats. Practice with a new bat that has a warranty seems like a good plan to me. Have a buddy whose dd broke 3 LXT's. Just bad luck I think, (she's not in the bb hitting club, lol). Her dad got upset, now she's swinging a RT. Can anybody really say LXT's are fragile? ( I wouldn't.)

Seriously, people fuss about the Total Control Balls and baseballs but kids break bats sometimes. Most have never hit anything but softballs.

Jan 24, 2009
Will it damage a 2015 Xeno to have my daughter hit front toss and 30-40 MPH pitched baseballs? .

Maybe not.

Can you afford to gamble?

I would choose alternative bats, but without a doubt, I advocate hitting a crap ton of baseballs on a very regular basis.

Good luck!

Jul 3, 2013
I wouldn't hit baseballs with any softball bat that you want available to swing in games. Why risk it?

Jul 10, 2013
For baseball they make a cork ball that is a little bigger than a golf ball. They look like little baseball and do the same thing as the waffle golf balls but because they have a little more weight than a waffle ball it is easier to throw front toss and they don't blow around when outside. We use these and they don't damage the bats.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mpalesse