Help with 9yo DD

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Aug 3, 2013
We have been dealing with bat drag for a while, is the bat dragging in this video?
She also levels to the pitch, I made a home made swing connector that seems to help with both. any advice or help would be appreciated.

Aug 3, 2013

I don't have a swing with real bat off tee, this video was from a month ago.

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
I like a lot of things she is doing already, and I'm guessing she hits the ball with some decent power. Overall, her swing looks pretty good - certainly better than most of the 10U girls I see. :)

I wouldn't put too much focus on bat drag, at this point. Concentrate more on turning the barrel explosively/immediately at "go", and pulling back (even more than she is) with the muscles of the back to improve the speed of the bat whipping forward.

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
It looks like she is pulling her front shoulder and head off the ball and hitting too far out front. Probably hitting mostly to the right?

May 24, 2013
So Cal
It looks like she is pulling her front shoulder and head off the ball and hitting too far out front. Probably hitting mostly to the right?

I would agree that she could probably do a better job keeping her head on the ball, but contact is behind her lead foot and barely in front of her hips

Dec 3, 2012
West Coast
Her hands look like they are too far out front and the bat head is angled backwards when contacting the ball like you said barely in front of her hips.

Aug 3, 2013
Are you guys seeing the same things in both swings or just the front toss? I will post another swing later today.

Howe

Blowhard in training
Aug 28, 2013

I don't have a swing with real bat off tee, this video was from a month ago.
Red, @ 9yo I like her swing a lot. Just keep pitching to her. Don't overload her with instruction.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jar207