Help! I can't concentrate at work.

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 1, 2010
DD will be playing with her high school team for the first time this afternoon. She's excited and nervous and now I am too. LOL

I usually compartmentalize better than this; on the other hand, I'm used to games being on the weekends, during the work week, not so much. This will get to be old hat soon, right?

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
What is fun about school ball, especially at the beginning of the season, is you have no idea about the other Team. The might have a pitcher throwing in the 60s or low 40s, who knows.

Good luck to her this afternoon.

Get back to work and stop reading this post!

You are going to get to go to the game right?

Dec 7, 2011
This will get to be old hat soon, right?

So DD is running off to college this Saturday.

I have no "old hat" to my name.......

I met an ole TB team dad-friend. I asked him how many games he saw for his DD last year in the Big10 as a freshman. He smiled and said "I didn't miss a single one". We are not alone...... ;)

Jun 18, 2010
I am half tempted to go up there and scout a few teams ;)

I was in your exact position last year, and no, so far it hasn't been any easier this year, in fact I think I worked myself up into a bigger knot last Saturday at our jamboree than I did all of last year. I think that is because making varsity as a freshman last year was like icing on the cake. This year there are greater expectations....

Jul 19, 2014
Madison, WI
So DD is running off to college this Saturday.

I have no "old hat" to my name.......

I met an ole TB team dad-friend. I asked him how many games he saw for his DD last year in the Big10 as a freshman. He smiled and said "I didn't miss a single one". We are not alone...... ;)

WOW! Big 10 teams travel a LOT! Part of that is because the weather gets so bad in this part of the country, that the teams have to play a lot of games in the south. For example, the local college here plays a lot of games in Florida while waiting for the snow to melt.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
DD will be playing with her high school team for the first time this afternoon. She's excited and nervous and now I am too. LOL

I usually compartmentalize better than this; on the other hand, I'm used to games being on the weekends, during the work week, not so much. This will get to be old hat soon, right?

Compared to TB the biggest difference is that they will drag out 7 innings to about 2 hours or more taking infield, announcing the lineup and other pageantry. When it is over you will think "That's it? Only 1 game?" Little bit different going out for only 1 game and not making a day of it. But it does give you time to grab a late dinner.

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
What is fun about school ball, especially at the beginning of the season, is you have no idea about the other Team. The might have a pitcher throwing in the 60s or low 40s, who knows.

Good luck to her this afternoon.

Get back to work and stop reading this post!

You are going to get to go to the game right?

Ba afraid of the low 40's. Be very afraid.

Jun 18, 2012
Utah
I wish high school softball were in the fall here! First, the weather is generally better here in the fall (Indian summers). Second, there would be a winter between the end of high school ball and summer ball.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I wish high school softball were in the fall here! First, the weather is generally better here in the fall (Indian summers). Second, there would be a winter between the end of high school ball and summer ball.

We are playing school ball right now and it does have some advantages!

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
We are in the NE and I'd rather it was fall. Spring is to iffy. On opening day in March we had 15" of snow on the ground. Was almost a month before the girls hit the grass. Thankfully they have a turf soccer field.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi