Heck of a sale on the 2015 Combat Wanted G3

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
This is brand new right out of the wrapper...and maybe a little heavier than they were expecting from a 32/22. Also price point is much different with the G3 than other top line bats. I don't pull any punches and this is complete review #1

Hi Todd - Just some initial feedback from last night ... DD had a one-hour lesson with her hitting coach and one of her teammates did right after .... both used the bat.

Both said it had surprisingly good pop, better than any Combat they have ever used. Both felt the bat was on the heavier side of its stated weight and felt slightly end loaded. They liked the grip.

DD said it had a smooth ride but she is an aggressive swinger who tends to hit the ball out front a bit, and she will put inside pitches over the left field fence as opposed to trying to hit the inside of the ball the other way for a single. The other girl lets the ball get deeper and she said it did sting on inside pitches.

Neither said they liked it any better than what is currently in their bags. One other thing ... and I thought this was very important: DD chose to take one of her SRV4Bs to the lesson and the other girl took her Mako. As soon as they saw the Combat G3 they both noticed and commented on how much shorter the barrel of the bat was compared to their Eastons (and Xenos and LXTs and DeMarinis). They said they would not consider it for that reason alone....that it had to have a smaller sweet spot since the barrel was 2-3" shorter. I can't really argue with their logic, either.

I'll have another 10 girls swing it tonight and we'll get some exit speed measurements. should have a better report for you tomorrow. Thanks!

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
Next review with more swings...and no effects or damage at all

Hey Todd - I had 10 more girls pound the crap out of the Combat G3 last night. Suffice it to say it has A LOT of hits on it now. :)

Nothing real Earth-shattering to report. Most of the girls had 2-4mph lower exit speeds than they did with their pet bats, although one girl was matching the exit speeds she was getting with her in-game CF5. However, that same girl used a teammates 2015 LXT for a couple of rounds of front toss and exceeded her speeds with the G3 and CF5 by 4 mph! Needless to say, she wants a new bat.

They all said it was a tiny bit heavy for a 32/22 and seemed slightly end-loaded. They all did not like the small barrel and a "small sweet spot" was the #1 complaint of every girl on the team.

Some of the bigger hitters were able to put up some pretty impressive exit speeds with it. This would lead me to believe it may be a bit stiffer bat but I didn't do anything to empirically test this theory.

Although a few girls liked the Lizard Skin grip, most did not. "Too sticky" was the main complaint.

It definitely got some thumbs down for being stingy on mis-hits. Balls that ran in our their hands and pool cue shots both caused some whining.

There were three girls who said they would own this bat. That is pretty good. Seeing what I saw, I'd rate this Combat product as a definite notch below the top end bats (Xeno, LXT, CF, Mako) but above any of the second-tier bats like the Vendetta, FS3 or X-12. I'd have no issue if any of my girls wanted to use it as a game bat.

Last edited:

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
What cracks me up and why I can't stand some of the big name stores. I saw on one website a guy asked a question was the bat endloaded? I believe he is from this site WW ;)

This employee answered..."its a balanced bat" (which it def IS NOT), and "if looking for an endloaded bat, look at our -9 Mako"...hahaha. Nice, I wonder what bat they make the most money on...right?

Dec 11, 2010
It WAS me!

No examples come to mind but I have witnessed some really, really wrong answers to questions on that site. Yet I still asked...

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
It WAS me!

No examples come to mind but I have witnessed some really, really wrong answers to questions on that site. Yet I still asked...

I figured...I just laughed when I saw who asked it. Its just about money for them..no clue about equipment or care about what customers are buying

CoreSoftball20

Wilson = Evil Empire
DFP Vendor
Dec 27, 2012
Kunkletown, PA
People have to realize...this is a very quality bat at a price point $70-150 less than some other bats.

By the reviews, looks like a stronger girl will benefit more

Last edited:
May 24, 2013
So Cal
Just for the fun of it, I submitted a "question" on that site stating that the "expert" response was wrong. We shall see...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bookish