Have you Considered a Chiropractor for your DD?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 7, 2013
My youngest DD who is 14 was complaining recently about a sore arm, back and neck. Her pitching speed was down and she sometimes had trouble swinging the bat. Due to a suggestion from my "ex", I took her to a chiropractor who took some x-rays. They x-rays showed that one of her hips was an inch higher than the other, her back had some vertebra out of place, and the bones in her neck were rotated 90 degrees! He adjusted her and she immediately felt better and played better over the weekend. She will be continuing to see this chiropractor until her bones are put into place.

I know that some people do not believe in chiropractors but I will quickly share my experience. Due to genetics, sports injuries, or whatever, I have had a bad back. I went to this chiropractor, he took the x-rays, showed me what was wrong, and went to work. My back progressively felt better and six months later when he retook the x-rays my bones and moved more into place. For me, knowing that I felt better and seeing the difference in the x-rays made me a believer.

I offer this in case it might help your daughter with a problem.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
My DD is at the chiropractor as I am typing this. and she has been going pretty regularly for almost a year. Not sure how much good it is doing, but my wife thinks it helps and she is paying for it, so I do not argue. I think my DD just liked to go during the school year so she could get out of class. It actually worked pretty well on Friday afternoons when we were headed out of town for a softball tournament. Check out of school, run by the chiropractor for 30 minutes, then head out of town with a doctors excuse in hand. Being a cheap SOB, I am skeptical of anyone who tells me, "just schedule 10 more visits and I think I can fix your problem"....anyway, I keep hoping that it is magically going to add 5 MPH to my DD's pitches and .200 to her BA, but I also believe in unicorns....

Jun 7, 2013
My DD is at the chiropractor as I am typing this. and she has been going pretty regularly for almost a year. Not sure how much good it is doing, but my wife thinks it helps and she is paying for it, so I do not argue. I think my DD just liked to go during the school year so she could get out of class. It actually worked pretty well on Friday afternoons when we were headed out of town for a softball tournament. Check out of school, run by the chiropractor for 30 minutes, then head out of town with a doctors excuse in hand. Being a cheap SOB, I am skeptical of anyone who tells me, "just schedule 10 more visits and I think I can fix your problem"....anyway, I keep hoping that it is magically going to add 5 MPH to my DD's pitches and .200 to her BA, but I also believe in unicorns....

My DDs speed was back up over the weekend after one visit.

I think the really compelling thing about chiropractic, besides the immediate relief, is that you can see the bones move in subsequent x-rays!

The other thing that I want to note is that this is for the long term like putting my DDs teeth in normal alignment with orthodontics.

Jun 12, 2015
Chiropractic care changed my life. I'm not even being dramatic. I've taken my girls since they were born.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Jan 22, 2009
South Jersey
Helped mine when she was having some throwing shoulder issues. He also prescribed some simple strength and stretching exercises she can do on her own. She also loves having her back and neck adjusted!

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
DD could not have made it through the years of HS and travel softball without our chiropractor. And he is going to help her select the best chiropractor in her college area when she goes in the fall.

Jun 7, 2013
I am surprised and impressed by the feedback! I was almost expecting the chiropractic doesn't work replies. I am glad that so many people have been helped.

Nov 18, 2013
I think it depends on the chiropractor. I know some work within the medical community. I went to one for physical therapy and he was great. I’ve been two other times and both were quacks. One guy who talked about Chi and a bunch of other weird stuff. The other guy claimed my spine was misaligned affecting neuron signals to the brain etc. He was convincing until he claimed he could cure not only my back, but a whole host of other ailments. One for three ain’t bad I guess.

Dec 23, 2009
San Diego
Obviously there are quacks in every field of medicine...my suggestion to anyone looking for a chiropractor is to make sure the person practices the Gonstead technique...

Jun 12, 2015
I went at first for severe neck pain and sciatica. I was 23 and felt about 80. Color me surprised when the migraines and chronic headaches that had plagued me since I was 14 disappeared. My allergies improved greatly. It wasn't the placebo effect, because my chiropractor never suggested such things and it never occurred to me it could all be related. They can do some pretty amazing things, imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shameria0413