Hats off to bucket moms!!!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 4, 2015
Tacoma, wa
I love catching for dd and so does my hubby. No bucket here, I need my reflexes. I made hubby catch for me when we were dating and I was still in HS throwing heat. We've talked about great, and this year we bought a catcher's mitt. I'm not sure when will get great, if we do, but he gets hit more often than I do. He'll probably be the one to insist ;)

Aug 26, 2011
Houston, Texas
Are you limiting your search for a catcher to just females? See if you can find any high school age boys who will do it.

Lord have mercy...dd is so shy, asking a HS boy would mess her all up. LOL! And yes, she's a sophomore. This describes her to a T: "My first instinct when I see an animal is to say "hello". My first instinct when I see a person is to avoid eye contact and hope it goes away." She is a nerd through and through though...very socially awkward. ;)

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Lord have mercy...dd is so shy, asking a HS boy would mess her all up. LOL! And yes, she's a sophomore. This describes her to a T: "My first instinct when I see an animal is to say "hello". My first instinct when I see a person is to avoid eye contact and hope it goes away." She is a nerd through and through though...very socially awkward. ;)

Maybe this would be a way to help her work though her shyness AND improve her pitching! My DD is not shy, but I will say that the hardest I have ever seen her throw was when the batting cage next to our pitching lane was occupied by a 15U travel baseball team.....

Oct 22, 2009

When my DD was 13 my DS was 15. He played baseball and I thought I could get him to catch for her so I could watch and coach her.
He was extremely adamant and just a few pitches in he began screaming like a little girl. We excused him and he happily went skipping off his merry way.:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texas Red