Has anyone used Cathi Aradi's Services?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 4, 2014
Looking for feedback on Cathi Aradi's services - Collegiate Softball Connection. Has anyone used her services to placing DD? I've read her book and have implemented much of what she preaches. Just wondering if I should spend the money on her Basic Connection services where she emails coaches monthly with updates on her list of graduates.

Like I said, we've done much of what she talks about ourselves but just wondering if coaches would view emails from her as having more credibility. I really like her and what she preaches but we play for a no-name travel team and our coaches have no connections whatsoever. Guess we're looking for connections as a leg up. Thoughts?

Mar 11, 2009
If there are no teams with connections in your area(area could be a state away or further) then it might be worth it. Depending on her age plays a role too, if she is in 8th grade and up, start getting her on a team that is playing showcases in the fall. If she is younger than that get her on a team that plays competitive tourneys locally and lets her play and learn multiple positions. A lot of AZ girls go play for California teams and a few I know play for Birmingham Bolts, and one plays for a team from NJ! They practice at home and go to Showcases and meet their teams there. Good luck.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
I have not used her services. But, I do know Cathi. She knows *everyone*. She has been around the game forever and a day. And, she goes to all the big softball stuff. She knows all the coaches at every level.

Jul 4, 2014
What is the cost of her service?

I think that Cathi's prices are very reasonable compared to what some of the companies (ie. NCSA) charge. Here's a cut and paste from her website:

With the Fast Track ($500) option, Cathi tracks your college
search and is available to answer your questions and help you
resolve recruiting issues from start to finish. Cathi will also
suggest the types of colleges that may meet your academic as
well as your athletic goals and provide regular guidance as you
move through the process.
Fast Track clients complete a profile that is used to introduce
you to CSC colleges. (These represent teams at all levels of
competition, including nationally ranked D-I, II, III and NAIA
teams.) A bio, your video link and other information will be
made available to between 400 and 500 coaches. CSC
coaches receive monthly updates that contain your current
travel ball schedule along with any changes in your academic
or athletics status. (The Fast Track option can be started in the
middle of your sophomore year.)
CSC’s Basic Connection ($130) offers a low cost way for
families to get their player’s name in front of a variety of college
coaches. Choose this option, and Cathi will include your player
information in the Graduate Preview CSC colleges receive
each month. Players can sign up for the Basic Connection
once they are freshmen in high school, and families always
have the option of upgrading to the Fast Track at a later date!

Although DD has done quite a bit of leg work - ie. writing / communicating to coaches, now starting to attend camps and showcase tournaments, unofficial visits, etc., I think I see value in her Fast Track package - specifically, getting an expert opinion if DD's skills is in line with certain schools / conferences and connecting DD to the schools high on her list. Also, I'm thinking it would be good to have someone credible to speak for DD. But then again, since DD's done so much of the leg work herself already, maybe a Basic Connection package would be better - but all that entails is an email to schools listing the upcoming Grad Class with a link to their skills video. I see this more as a reminder to the coaches that these "soon to be graduating" softball players are available. Originally, I was leaning towards the smaller package but now thinking that maybe the larger package would serve us better.

Thoughts?

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
A popular question at college camps during Q&A is do you read the emails from recruiting services. I've heard 30-40 D1-D3 coaches all say they delete anything that is from a recruiting service. They want the player to email them, not the parents and not someone who's being paid. Do these services work? I'm sure some girls get placed into college because of them. But can this lady market your DD as well as you and your DD? And what's her motivation to market your DD over my DD?

The recruiting process is much like the game, a grind. Keep sending the emails, phone calls, texts, attend camps, games and whatever else you can.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
While I cannot comment intelligently on Cathi Aradi's services, I will point out that a computer savvy parent and/or player can do a lot of the services she provides themselves. I am sure that Cathi knows a lot of college coaches, but how is she going to sell the players that use her service...

Cathi - "Coach, you really need to check out XXXXX, she is a great shortstop"
College Coach - "Have you ever seen her play?"
Cathi - "No, but she paid me $500 to help with her recruiting, so she must be good"
College Coach - "Just dayum"

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06