Hard work paid off for us

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2013
I reached a milestone today with my daughter. She was born in 2002 . weighs about 120 and is 5'3 maybe. We have been working hard on her arm strength, speed and accuracy. Well today we reached two out of three. For a while she was throwing her fastball at 45mph. That was back in June. Today I clocked her at 50 mph with the new pocket radar. Now only if her pitching was more accurate I would have a stud pitcher. Lol. More work to be done. We're making progress though! We are both excited

On the accuracy, one PC told me its like climbing a ladder, speed, then accuracy one rung at a time you climb the ladder. should work even at your advanced age;)

Feb 7, 2013
On the accuracy, one PC told me its like climbing a ladder, speed, then accuracy one rung at a time you climb the ladder. should work even at your advanced age;)

Regarding accuracy make sure you end every pitching session doing sequences where she has to "strikeout" 5 or 6 batters before she is done. My DD and I have done this drill since she was 7YO and IMO has made her a very accurate pitcher.

FYI, just ordered her a RevFire that should be here in a few days. Hopefully this rain thing clears up soon?! Curious what her spin rate is....

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs