Great site! Some questions!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 2, 2014
Ok so I have also been on the Hitting Illustrated site and It seems this guy really knows his stuff. But maybe im just stupid but I find his stuff extremely hard to follow and he asks more questions in his answers than he actually helps. Im not doggging the guy , maybe its just me and I just dont understand. I would appreciate it if i could get some definite answers to the following questions as I am confused!

1. What is meant by load in the unload?

2. What is the command drill and where can i find it?

3. What does he mean in his blog by dont rotatate until launch? What is launch and how can you separate if you dont rotate your hips BEFORE YOU START YOUR SWING? He and others always talk about speration and then they say dont rotate hips UNTIL AFTER CONTACT? I am Very confused by this statement!

How do you get separation if you dont rotate until after you have made contact?

Comments below:

Guess what they need to do?

They need to 'keep their heel down'....and 'not allow rotation until after launch'....so they can learn a REAL load.

End of story.

Thanks for any help!

Jan 13, 2012
Ok so I have also been on the Hitting Illustrated site and It seems this guy really knows his stuff. But maybe im just stupid but I find his stuff extremely hard to follow and he asks more questions in his answers than he actually helps. Im not doggging the guy , maybe its just me and I just dont understand. I would appreciate it if i could get some definite answers to the following questions as I am confused!

1. What is meant by load in the unload?

2. What is the command drill and where can i find it?

3. What does he mean in his blog by dont rotatate until launch? What is launch and how can you separate if you dont rotate your hips BEFORE YOU START YOUR SWING? He and others always talk about speration and then they say dont rotate hips UNTIL AFTER CONTACT? I am Very confused by this statement!

How do you get separation if you dont rotate until after you have made contact?

Comments below:

Guess what they need to do?

They need to 'keep their heel down'....and 'not allow rotation until after launch'....so they can learn a REAL load.

End of story.

Thanks for any help!

Load in the unload means finishing the load (i.e. starting the swing by turning the barrel) while the pelvis is being turned open by the rear leg.

The Command Drill is (I think... not totally sure) a drill where you get all loaded up (coil,lower back, scap) and then when the command "GO!" is given, you turn the barrel and hit the ball off of a tee. There's a clip of Teacherman doing it and a/an (in)famous gif of his swing during that drill. It's a good drill for learning the sudden nature of the swing. To me, it's like SnF at a command... which I assume is the premise.

Separation is not being defined as hips vs. shoulders at HI. It's defined as being in the rear hip socket. The idea of not rotating until contact isn't a bad one, actually. It forces you to use your hands properly and "keep your shoulder in." Basically, the HI belief is that you need to resist rotation with all your might (hip coil and lower back). This resistance (and proper scap pinch) will open your pelvis.

The primary reason why HI is against hip rotation (in my understanding) is that it directs energy away from the ball. Hip rotation is not a directional engine- it's a circular engine. When the rear leg drives the rear hip directionally, your energy goes into the ball. There's a great Cabrera gif of him hitting an inside and outside pitch. You can see the difference in the directionality of the rear hip.

Jan 13, 2012
Give an example of not rotating until contact.

Since I'm snowed in (it snowed at least 5-7 inches last night) and is still snowing, I'll try to answer.

Not rotating until contact is a feel thing. It's like when MLB hitters talk about throwing their belly button at the ball. I associate it with the same feeling.

5vwy36.gif

This is a good clip to feel it, IMO.

rdbass

It wasn't me.
Jun 5, 2010
Not here.
You are wrong.

Then why don't you tell us. Hope you get the answer out before you get banned again, Skilz is the name this month?

Fastpitch Coach:
No clue im banned, he strikes me as a 50 year old in mommys basement. I asked him to show his work before, i think he cried and thy considered it harassing him. Who knows
Skilz
But maybe im just stupid but I find his stuff extremely hard to follow

Last edited:
Dec 1, 2013
Wooster Mass
Im not sure if any of you are on HI but the guy Skilz isn't professing to know anything. He is posting riches comments not his. But as always u chumps are quick to run your mouth without knowing what ur talking about. He's asking who is right and Whos wrong basically. I know bcz that's my other screen name also....pfft. So I'm sure another ban has occurred. No wonder Rich hates you guys. Lmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321