Great People here at DFP

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Not in any order, and I'm sure there's some I'm forgetting at the moment...
JJSqueeze, rdbass, FiveFrameSwing, redhotcoach, knightsb, crankermo, guero_gordo, Cannonball, SBFAMILY, Doug Romrell, chazbz1, GreenMonsters, Bchbum54, Ken B, CoreSoftball20

Jul 16, 2013
Pennsylvania
I have only been a member here for a few months, so my opinion isn't quite as valuable as many others. But honestly, I have received solid advice from more people than I can even remember right now. IMO, 95% of the people that post here have something valuable to add to the discussions. There are a handful that seem to come here just to argue. Although I have not blocked anyone, I have learned what people I can trust (I think...), and posts from a select few will just get skimmed by me. My reason for being here is to learn as much as I can about softball for the sake of my DD and her teammates. If I can offer anything in return, I will certainly try to do so. And while I enjoy some of the back and forth that goes on between members, the personal attacks I can do without. In that regard, one person I do miss is RayR. There are many people in the hitting forum that offer great advice, and I don't think they need to be mentioned. They know who they are. :) And several of them have been very helpful with my learning curve. But I always liked the way that RayR looked at things. I would take the posts from several different members (all of which know far more than I), and I would form my own opinion based on all of them. Ray was an important part of that process. Hopefully he is still watching and may return at some point.

Oct 19, 2009
I'm right here.
I (as many) am able to say I am lucky to have new friends all over our country. That’s something I couldn’t have said five years ago. I have had many great PM conversations with many different folks, all who have responded or reached out to help me, help my DD’s….and I to help them; and I hope I did. And I hope all that continues.

I wish I could meet you all someday in person, but that probably won’t happen.

I am grateful to have met and spend time in person with Carly’s Dad (Phil), Bill Hillhouse and Ray R….all who gave me and my DD’s the greatest respect and attention.

We have taken & used what we have learned from all of you on this board to heart and use it to the best of our abilities.

In the meantime I look forward to hearing FFS say “Turn the Barrel” 1,000 more times, or BM say “Go to the I/R thread” 1,000 more times, or 1,000 more of rdbass’s great GIFs….cuz none of that get’s old….it’s ALL good!

Thank You To All of You, for Everything!

On behalf of my two DD’s…Thanks Marc D, for helping me help my kids, and making new friends.

T J

Last edited:
Jul 10, 2008
Central PA
I've appreciated the help from a lot of people on this board. On the hitting side, from way back, Hitter. I also appreciate more recently RayR, FFS, softballphreak, Cannonball, rdbass, redhotcoach, straightleg, and Ken Krause. I know I'm forgetting people, as well.

From the pitching side, Sluggers, BoardMember, javasource, RickPauly, hillhouse, and Amy have been really helpful. It truly is an encyclopaedia of softball here.

Jun 7, 2011
Central Iowa
Props to Comp, MTR, and all the other officials who patiently:rolleyes: answer all our "crazy parent" rules questions. While they may not always tell us what we want to hear, or in a manner we like to hear it; anything that makes this Dad appear a little less foolish on game day is greatly appreciated!!

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
No one in particular because there are too many and I'll forget someone but generally it is a great community here on DFP with a minimum of troll like folks who are usually handled well and swiftly by the great moderation staff here.

Mar 28, 2013
I would like to thank Bucket Pinata for his valuable input on this board. He is the only poster who holds the secret of the rise ball and is generally all knowing in the art of fast pitch. never heard him yet put forth one false theory. Just ask his DDs. Mostly he his very Humble and the rumor is Brad Pitt Handsome!!

Signed, anonymous.

Apr 1, 2010
DFP is easily my favorite board on the internet and that's due to the wonderful moderators and posters! Thank you all!

Oct 3, 2011
Right Here For Now
I have said it before and I'll say it again, thanks to everyone that posts on here. We may not always agree, but there is always something to be learned from each and every post. A special shout out goes to FiveFrameSwing, rdbass, cannonball, greenmonster, Hillhouse, Boardmember, Doug Romwell, Coresoftball20, Casedawg51, Chazb1 and the numerous others that post on here. My education on all aspects of the fastpitch game would not be growing as fast as it is without your invaluable input.

Edit to add: Thanks to Sluggers, Amy, Ken and the other moderators for keeping this forum a civil place for discussions on the game of softball as opposed to a free-for-all opinion bashing forum that I have found on so many other sites.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nate321