Gotta brag a little...10U "Open" USSSA World Series Maryland

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
We drove 11 1/2 hours knowing very little about our opponents except they would be talented and competitive. 3-0 in pool play scoring 21 runs and only allowing 3, earning the #2 seed. We were the unknown team from the south drawing spectators and coaches into our bleachers. We came in 5th out of 19 teams in our division after 4 consecutive games in 103 degree temps. Our girls never gave up even though they were exhausted. So proud of DD and the way she owned 2nd base this weekend. Made all 3 outs in one inning which included turning a double play. She was a wall there. It was awesome to see them play fearlessly against class A teams and to leave it all on the field. We had a great experience at this tournament!
We went 6-2 scoring a total of 62 runs. Not to bad in my opinion. :)

Feb 15, 2013
Delaware
Congrats. I was there with my DD's 12U team and it was scorching hot. Umpires and players going down in the heat so i can empathize with your pleasure in how well your DD and her team played. My DD catches and wore the gear in 4 of six games in the heat and never complained once. Hopefully your organization continues to travel up to Salisbury for the WS, there are some great fields and quality competition. Normally opening ceremonies are held outside with lots of activities for the girls.

Jun 11, 2012
We were there also (12U) and it was scorching hot the whole time. We went 7-2-1. Played decent during pool play and then lost our first elimination game, came back to win 5 more before going down Sunday morning. Girls played great and never gave up, even in the 9 inning game that seemed as if it would never end.

I'm glad your DD and her team had a great weekend.

Jul 12, 2012
On the bleachers
So cool to run across some parents that were there. Yes, the heat was intense. OMG! We too had an umpire over heat during our first game, he yelled "Foul!" yet pointed to the fair side of the field and several of our players were experiencing heat sickness. Opening ceremonies was pretty good until the boy band started singing, LOL.. We came across quality coaching, good sportsmanship and some really nice parents. It was a great experience for our families. So glad to hear your girls never gave up either. :)

Apr 13, 2011
We were in Salisbury also. Not sure what you guys are talking about - it was nice and cool where I was watching from (my car with the AC blasting)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rosie