Good Umpire Last Night

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Apr 13, 2013
Nothing to do about anything but we had a good umpire at last night’s game, 12u Rec.

They arrived before the game and checked the field out. Walked around kicking the pitching plate and all the bases to make sure everything was firmly in pace. They visually checked the entire field.

3rd inning there was a little loop between Home and the pitcher’s plate. C went low, pitcher went high. I think either player could have caught it but it was called too late by the pitcher and they get all tangled up. They didn’t run into each other very hard so Ump seemed happy to let the ball play out. Pitcher looked up and there is blood coming down her face, somehow the catcher’s helmet got under the face mask and got the pitcher in the nose. They immediately called a dead ball.

Lastly because of our inning run limit the game was over going into the last inning. HCs had a brief discussion if they should play another inning and I heard the umpire chip in, I am here and am in no hurry let’s play another inning.

Little things make a big difference.

May 17, 2012
So you found the good one eh?

I tell my girls until they have their umpire certificate they are not to complain, gripe, or groan.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anafeli