Going to travel ball, finaly!

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 28, 2011
After 5 years in Rec., finally making the leap to Travel Ball for my 12, going on 13 year old. Been very, very fortunate to have a Rec Ball League with a highly competitive B program that allowed us to play at a high tournament level almost year round which is a significant reason we stayed as long as we did. Though I had options to continue to Coach her at the A level, I decided to step aside to allow her to become more independent and responsible for her own growth and development among other reasons, though I will still be her personal coach and workout partner. Seems we are going to find out how much she loves the sport and why, if it was “our” hobby and interest, if it was social, or if she just likes to play and compete; maybe a combination of all the above? Sad that this part is over, but excited for the new beginning.

For those of you who have gone before me, some insight and experience on your introduction would be welcomed.

sluggers

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 26, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Though I had options to continue to Coach her at the A level, I decided to step aside to allow her to become more independent and responsible for her own growth and development among other reasons, though I will still be her personal coach and workout partner.

Excellent decision.
some insight and experience on your introduction

People will give you all kinds of advice, but the only attitude that consistently leads to success is:

"I am going to be so good that the coach will look like a fool if s/he doesn't play me. I am going to hit the ball harder, throw the ball farther, and make more plays than anyone else on the team. I'm going to become faster, stronger and more consistent every day."

Right now, some kid in Southern California is swinging a bat/taking ground balls/pitching/conditioning to get better. What did your DD do *TODAY* to become better?

Last edited:
Jan 25, 2011
Stepping back and learning to watch and cheer for the team can be a great time. It really makes you see how your dd has grown in the sport and becoming hopefully a good well adjusted adult. Enjoy the ride, because it ends to soon.

Jan 17, 2013
Texas
Just get ready for a life change. Travelball is a lifestyle. Make sure the family is prepared just as much as your daughter. It is addictive and enjoyable but it is tiresome at times. We tried to just peak in the door and got sucked into it. I probably am a full blown junky on travel ball now. You will have to sacrifice some things because of the commitment you/DD have chosen but it is worth it. You may even get pulled in to help assist at some point if you are willing. Enjoy the ride, it will be over before you know it.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntooutdoors