Glove help???

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 9, 2014
DD 5'2 HS Freshman CF. Here is the dilemma last year after i bought a new glove for my DD and i notice that the glove looked a little too big for her. She seem at the time having a little problem running in the outfield with it, so i went ahead and bough her a cheap smaller glove that worked great until now. The problem now is the it hurts her hand when catching. My question is should i buy her new glove or give her her old glove that is almost new? The picture is the gloves in question, this two gloves are both 12.5 but the Mizuno is way bigger.

IMG_0024.jpg

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Buy your DD a Vinci from Casedawg51, and once it is broken in, donate these gloves to your local REC league.

May 24, 2013
So Cal
Mizuno gloves run big. A 12.5" Miz will be comparable with many other manufacturers' 13" size. Bigger sizes tend to be preferred in the OF. That said, if the size of the glove is affecting her ability to be efficient, a smaller size might be a better choice.

Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
**Vinci RV1961-L Kip leather 12.75".
**Vinci RV1961-22 Steer hide leather 12.75".
**Vinci BV1929-L Kip leather 12.5".
**All-Star Vela 3-finger 12.5".
**Find a discontinued Rawlings Heart of the hide PRO302 CVDM. 12.75" mesh back with snug hand stall, works great for females.
**Worth Liberty Advanced has a couple of different 12.5" models with different style webs.

Of these I listed, I've personally used the Vinci RV1961-L and the Rawlings, both great gloves with small/snug hand stalls and both pretty lightweight.

May 23, 2015
There is no sizing standard in glove manufacturing it's all about fit. It makes no sense to say go buy a _______________ glove it will be better for her. She really has to try them out

Your post doesn't mention anything about how the glove fits her or how she fields with it, That's the most important part of the equation. The Mizuno is a nice glove and it's not ready for goodwill yet. Make sure it's adjusted right. Thumb and pinky loops are adjusted. A very common mistake is the way velcro straps are adjusted. The glove should be squeezed closed first. then the velcro. 90%+ I see players tighten the velcro to their wrists with an open glove

Another trick is to have her jump her fingers one finger stall to the left if the glove will accommodate it. Ring finger goes beside the pinkie, middle>ring stall, index>middle stall, and leave the index stall vacant. This will make the glove have a mammoth pocket, fit a smaller hand better. and reduce glove sting

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2013
North Carolina
625ender makes some great points. That Mizuno looks like a nice glove that needs to be used, TIP (two in the pinkie) will change everything about the feel, fit, and size of the pocket. I see that's a closed back glove, does she use the glove with index finger in or out? With her index finger out, TIP won't work. If she tucks her glove properly while running I can't imagine that Mizuno feeling any heavier than her Wilson, or at least minimally. If she's strictly playing outfield you may want to get her to try TIP, it'd be like getting a new glove !

Apr 16, 2010
Alabama
My DD got a Worth Liberty Advanced for Christmas and absolutely loves it. She has smaller hands and it fits great. It is made for TIP like Annasdad suggested and this works for her.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
So what are some of the best glove out there and where i can get them for a good price?

Thanks

If you buy a BV1929-L from Casedawg51 and take care of it and it could be the last glove you ever buy. Just be prepared for an extended break in period as the kip leather is very stiff.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mtgeremesz