Getting the swag back

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 2, 2012
on the Field
My DD has struggled at the plate this fall. It's our first time moving up to 12U from 10U. I don't know about ya'll but here in the south, girls must go through a growth spert at age 12. We have faced some 12U teams with girls that average 5'9. Naturally that is pretty intimidating for my DD. I finally got her to admit that she was a bit scared of getting hit. (this has never been an issue before) She would find herself barely getting in the box. Pitchers would strike her out with outside pitches and she got more and more frustrated. No matter how much I and the coach told her to get closer to the plate she just wouldn't do it. Finally I told her one day that in order for her to have better success, she needed to want to hit MORE than she was scared to get hit. Usually my words go in one ear and out the other, but that one stuck. She got back in the box with confidence and was able to start making contact again. Fear is a big issue, weather its fear of failure or fear of getting hit, either way it has to be overcome.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceez12