Georgia reinstates slow pitch into high schools

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
DD softball coached asked her yesterday if she would play on the slow pitch team. I think she asked all the fast pitch girls but only a couple said they wanted to play.

marriard

Not lost - just no idea where I am
Oct 2, 2011
Florida
When we were stationed in Italy, up until the age of 13 slow pitch was all they had. There were no stealing, dropped 3rd ball rule,sliding was out of the question (at the time, they only had dirt around the pithers mound on the field where they practiced.)The season lasted 2 months and if a lot of girls were interested in playing, there were only 4 teams. They still had fun and my daughter learned that she enjoyed pitching…and yes, in slow pitch, she struck many batters out.

Is that you yelling Crystal?

Feb 25, 2016
I think all D7 leagues should be slow pitch. The D7 champs are teams that are good enough to compete in D1, but then you have half the league made up of rec ball (and PE ball) quality teams.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
DD softball coached asked her yesterday if she would play on the slow pitch team. I think she asked all the fast pitch girls but only a couple said they wanted to play.

I asked DDs HS HC about SP yesterday and his response was "I'm not coaching it....."

Mar 18, 2014
Georgia
I asked DDs HS HC about SP yesterday and his response was "I'm not coaching it....."
our coach has coached for 30 years and played and coached slow pitch. She is in the GHSA and ASA hall of fame. She loves slow pitch so I knew she would want to get at team together.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
our coach has coached for 30 years and played and coached slow pitch. She is in the GHSA and ASA hall of fame. She loves slow pitch so I knew she would want to get at team together.

Our softball coach does women's golf in the Spring, and apparently golf has the same stipend and is a lot easier to manage than softball - 4 girls vs. 20, and no field maintenance!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fpmithi