Friday Check in 8/7/15

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 19, 2012
Tee work and soft toss every day we can until 8/17/2015, her first day of school. Oh yeah, I guess we'll throw a little too.

Jun 7, 2013
My youngest DD has tryouts on Sunday and is really nervous. She wants to make the A team and has failed at it the past three years. At a pre-tryout practice with a pitching machine, she missed hitting just about every ball. A case of nerves, I think. So, we'll see how she does.

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Ok so NWA is coming out, might go check that out over the weekend. Got the tryouts thing this weekend. Not sure whats going to happen.

How bout you guys

Opening weekend? Wow! I am waiting for the "Middle aged white guy showing"....like next Tuesday at 11:00 AM.

Anyone been to Vacation yet? Someone told me this morning that it wasn't that good, to which I replied "but I am easily entertained".

Last edited:

redhotcoach

Out on good behavior
May 8, 2009
Left work early to get things done, but it's too hot and humid to get anything done. I think I will help DD with her driver's ed driving log....today's "things worked on" will be "designated driving". Maybe a good day to try Hurricane wings, I have heard they are awesome, and have heard they are nothing special..."Buffalo wild wings is better".....I am NOT a BW fan.
That's it! Plans for rest of today, beer and wings.

WARRIORMIKE

Pro-Staff Everything
Oct 5, 2009
At the Jewel in San Diego
Opening weekend? Wow! I am waiting for the "Middle aged white guy showing"....like next Tuesday at 11:00 AM.

Yea I hear ya. First gangsta movie I saw was "Dangerous Minds." Talk about "thug life" in the theater. I figure if I see it at 11 those people wont be awake. They usually wake up around 3 so I should be safe.

Mar 23, 2010
Cafilornia
Weekend off of softball before starting back up again on Monday to get ready for the fall season. Of course, this means that my time will be spent doing the things at home that I have been neglecting/postponing, including...

- Run AC duct to second bathroom, and install new vent. The attic crawlspace is dark and has spiders.
- Add 2x6 blocking between floor joists under a problem area of the kitchen floor. The basement crawlspace is dark and has spiders.
- Replace drain piping under kitchen sink. Pretty sure I saw a spider in there.

If I'm lucky, I might get a chance to take a nap while floating around my pool. Spiders don't swim, right?

With any luck, a few of them won't be Black Widows.

Aug 29, 2011
NorCal
If I'm lucky, I might get a chance to take a nap while floating around my pool. Spiders don't swim, right?

No never

maxresdefault.jpg

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
My youngest DD has tryouts on Sunday and is really nervous. She wants to make the A team and has failed at it the past three years. At a pre-tryout practice with a pitching machine, she missed hitting just about every ball. A case of nerves, I think. So, we'll see how she does.

Good luck to her, I wish I could provide some advice.

Feb 7, 2013
The month of August is tryout season and tomorrow at 8am - noon is the first one. DD moves up to 14u so as the crazy pitcher's dad I am, this morning before work I set-up my Bownet on the side of the house and texted my DD to put on her metal cleats for the first time and to pitch into the net so she knows what its like to pitch with them attached to her feet. I'm hoping she is a quick learner.....and tomorrow she doesn't break her hip walking on concrete for the first time with metal posts sticking out the bottom of her soles?

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MooreAH06