Found this interesting

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
I like the study. It would be interesting to see it done with softball pitchers. With the shoulder and elbow injuries that seem to be on the rise, it is a good time to use this type of technology in FP.

Nov 12, 2013
maritimes
who is the greg maddox of fastpitch? they should be done for everyone to compare to. great mechanics, long successful career.

Dec 29, 2010
@cb - in your experience which injuries have you seen? Lets say starting at 14u.

@colin- thats a good question, in fp say 70(a few blessed with dna throw harder) is the elite flame thrower, what is the equalivent of Maddux in fp? 62?

Cannonball

Ex "Expert"
Feb 25, 2009
@cb - in your experience which injuries have you seen? Lets say starting at 14u.

@colin- thats a good question, in fp say 70(a few blessed with dna throw harder) is the elite flame thrower, what is the equalivent of Maddux in fp? 62?

Mostly, I have seen shoulder injuries. Some are from trying to turn the ball over either for a screwball or drop and the pitcher over exaggerates the movements or lifts the shoulder. Recently, from some of the pitchers I know, they have had a sense of losing feeling in their fingers. That is scary and I believe it is not unlike what some of the MLB pitchers are experiencing like Carpenter with the Cardinals. I think it is called, "Thoracic outlet syndrome." I don't see as many elbow problems as with baseball but there have been a few. Anyone else notices these things?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooneyham6877