Foul tip

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
I can see that. But you don’t have to worry about what the ump called. That’s his call. You just have to decide whether catcher in actuality should have caught the ball.

Probably no right answer.

I came into this thinking passed ball, but I think wild pitch is probably correct here.

I'm also concerned that the umpire suffered a severe concussion on the play and probably should be evaluated by a medical professional.

Jan 28, 2017
I came into this thinking passed ball, but I think wild pitch is probably correct here.

I'm also concerned that the umpire suffered a severe concussion on the play and probably should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Very possibly! Our third baseman ran to get the ball and the pitcher (covered 3rd). Pitcher (DD) caught the ball at 3rd and then the walked to the mound. Girl ran from 2nd to 3rd. I looked at our SRO and asked what is the pitcher (DD) doing? He said, did you see the umpire? No. He said, she was standing between home and third with her hands over her head like time out. The field umpire undoubtedly didn’t see anything. Weird play

Jun 6, 2016
Chicago
Very possibly! Our third baseman ran to get the ball and the pitcher (covered 3rd). Pitcher (DD) caught the ball at 3rd and then the walked to the mound. Girl ran from 2nd to 3rd. I looked at our SRO and asked what is the pitcher (DD) doing? He said, did you see the umpire? No. He said, she was standing between home and third with her hands over her head like time out. The field umpire undoubtedly didn’t see anything. Weird play

There was a second umpire and nobody asked the home plate umpire for an appeal?

Oct 25, 2009
So there we have it. Sounds like it tipped off of the catcher’s mitt. Umpire could have been close to the same level as catcher. Passed ball.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kbeagles