Foreign stuff on a pitchers hand OK now?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
I am going to steal Comp's post from HeyBucket. ;)

"10.13.4 The pitcher shall not wear any item on the pitching fingers, hand,
wrist, forearm or thighs that an umpire considers distracting. This
includes a batting glove, sweatband and loose lacing on a glove, or ballcolored
logos. Exception: The pitcher’s fingers, hand, wrist, forearm or
elbow may be taped for injury, providing such tape is a neutral color.

Different rule sets have differing rules. FED does not allow tape or bandages on the pitchers fingers."

(Just pretend I actually knew the answer to your question, who is that comp guy anyways?)

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Yes, it is nice when they have a rule.

Where I have gotten in trouble a couple times is arguing a rule that does not exist, must slide was the last one. How do you argue against a call/rule that doesn’t exist? Show me in the rule book where it says you must slide didn’t seem to work.

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago, IL
Last year my niece played against a pitcher that looked like a clown, she went out of her way to make herself look as distracting as possible. I am sure the batters didn’t care what she looked like but her replant drove me nuts.

I do not know why the ump had an Issue with that, I have learned I am too concerned about things that do not bother the players at all so unless they mention something I ignore it.

Dec 7, 2011
Last year my niece played against a pitcher that looked like a clown, she went out of her way to make herself look as distracting as possible. I am sure the batters didn’t care what she looked like but her replant drove me nuts.

I do not know why the ump had an Issue with that, I have learned I am too concerned about things that do not bother the players at all so unless they mention something I ignore it.

Speaking of another major replanter I saw over the weekend=> Silkwood,.....jeesh..... I bet she would lose 5mph easy....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CentralCoastBulldogs