Forearm pain ...... Help

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Pitching Gurus, I need your help in figuring out what is causing my DD pitching forearm pain. Pain is on the Pinky side of the mid elbow. She has no pain in her hands or fingers. She is first year 14U. She pitched a lot in the Sparkler tournament this pass weekend. She did great!

I think I know what it is but wanted to ask you guys to see if I am diagnosing it right. It seems to me to be a mechanics issue. See the photo below. I will also post a video. I want to be careful not to screw up her pitching. She is a very accurate pitcher. Hopefully, with your help we can fix the problem. I want to make sure I know how to fix it.

UPdate:

Xrays were taken and nothing was found. She received treatment this morning.

Thanks guys.

DSC_3416.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/attribution_...tch?v=wtcOe1Sni6I&feature=em-share_video_user

Last edited:
Feb 7, 2013
Not a doctor, but watching the video, possible hard "brush interference" especially if she pitched a lot this weekend?

May 30, 2013
Binghamton, NY
from the photo, it seems that her forearm/elbow may be tucked a little *too* far behind her hip,
causing substantial brush interference, and causing forearm stress as a result?

That is my guess.

May 7, 2008
Tucson
How many pitches did she throw? And what is her velocity? My guess is that she was over worked. But the soreness should go away with elevation, ice and rest.

Sep 19, 2013
Texas
Thanks for responding. She pitched more than she has pitched in a long time but lately this sometimes happens with a couple of games.

I am not sure if it is what Rocketech1 and Corlay r saying. About starting way behind the back which seem to cause a hard brush at the forearm. I have wondered about this also. Doesn't Ueno's elbow start pretty far back? It also looks as if the right hip is staying open. When I compare the above photo Amanda's bellybutton is almost facing the catcher. DD's is not. The right hip is open more. Would this cause the issue?

what about that extension of the arm after release(29second mark of video)? looks like a very forceful straightening of the arm that very well could cause hyperextension of the elbow and cause pain where you say it is.

Last edited:
Jun 19, 2013
what about that extension of the arm after release(29second mark of video)? looks like a very forceful straightening of the arm that very well could cause hyperextension of the elbow and cause pain where you say it is.

That was what I was seeing. Haven't seen that before . . . just makes you wonder

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
krugersoftball