Foot Drag

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Nov 23, 2009
I need a little help getting my daughter to drag her foot completeley. She is pitching in 50 - 54 mph and is 10 YO playing on a 12u team. Speed is fine, control is superb but she has a slight flaw when she pushes of the rubber, she does not have a good toe drag for the first 3-6 inches which makes me worry about illegal pitches being called. I have tried to get her to drag and we cannot seem to find the remedy. Does anyone have any thoughts. Just to be clear she is not crow-hopping, it is more of a leap. This is a new problem that has slowly developed over the last few months and she has been pitching for a little more than a year. Any help is greatley appreciated.

Last edited:

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
I need a little help getting my daughter to drag her foot completeley. She is pitching in 50 - 54 mph and is 10 YO playing on a 12u team. Speed is fine, control is superb but she has a slight flaw when she pushes of the rubber, she does not have a good toe drag for the first 3-6 inches which makes me worry about illegal pitches being called. I have tried to get her to drag and we cannot seem to find the remedy. Does anyone have any thoughts. Just to be clear she is not crow-hopping, it is more of a leap. This is a new problem that has slowly developed over the last few months and she has been pitching for a little more than a year. Any help is greatley appreciated.

When you practice om concrete, place a small piece of paper or cardboard in front of the rubber, where the toe of her pivot foot is.

Keep the toe pointed down and drag the paper forward without tearing it up.

Nov 23, 2009
When you practice om concrete, place a small piece of paper or cardboard in front of the rubber, where the toe of her pivot foot is.

Keep the toe pointed down and drag the paper forward without tearing it up.

Thanks, I will give it a shot!

halskinner

Banned
May 7, 2008
You might also want to try and get the center of her bodt weight more forward when she pushes off. She is pushing forward AND up. Needs to be more forward and less up. The more forward of the rubber the center of your body weight is, the more forward you will push and the less up.

Good forward lean, not a bend at the waist, the entire body leaning forward.

Hal

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunny 321commission