flapper gate/calf pitcher thread

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 25, 2011
as a fan of the game I do not want an 0-0 pitchers duel broken up by an IP call. Unless a girl throws a pitch overhand or does a walk through.
I agree with you on that, but as a parent of pitcher, that works on following the rules. I would hate to see her or another girl that has worked harder on being legal, just to get passed by for a pitcher that didn't bother to put in the extra work to be legal. To me that's what it is all about, the flap pitcher decided that she didn't have to work hard.

Jun 18, 2010
I agree with you on that, but as a parent of pitcher, that works on following the rules. I would hate to see her or another girl that has worked harder on being legal, just to get passed by for a pitcher that didn't bother to put in the extra work to be legal. To me that's what it is all about, the flap pitcher decided that she didn't have to work hard.

Nano, I said something similar in another thread, but reflecting on it, I was wrong. We both know how hard it is pitching, and the amount of time and work it takes. A couple inches of daylight under her drive foot shouldn't make us think she worked any less than our DDs.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
Lets hope that happens, dont want to see leapers at tournys with flaps on their cleats.

Can see this happening at the field, 14u tourny pool play, opposing pitcher has flap.
C(our coach) OC(opposing coach) U(umpire)

C- Timeout blue
U- Granted
C- What that on the pitchers cleat?
U- Dont know
OC- It was done in college, its not against the rules.
U (not common sense) Play ball
U (common sense) R u friggin kidding me? Take that flap off or get another pitcher. That is not part of her shoe, stop trying to cicumscent the rules, dont ruin the game because your ace cant pitch within the rules.

U (if I was the umpire) I am going to call an illegal pitch on every pitch she throws while wearing the flapper, so she can either take it off, you can change pitchers, or your team is about to have a very LONG day!

Feb 17, 2014
Orlando, FL
Nano, I said something similar in another thread, but reflecting on it, I was wrong. We both know how hard it is pitching, and the amount of time and work it takes. A couple inches of daylight under her drive foot shouldn't make us think she worked any less than our DDs.

I agree. Leaping or non-leaping is no reflection of work ethic. Priorities maybe, but not work ethic.

Feb 18, 2014
The flap is going to make the game last forever.

In between each pitch they are going to make you return your seat to is upright position and make sure your seatbelt is securely fastened. The drink cart and free peanuts will be appreciated. And good Hell, softball bag baggage fees?

American softball airlines.

Sep 18, 2011
Would like to hear more from Blue on this. What will you do this summer if you start seeing pitchers showing up with these flappers - legal in ASA/USSSA/PGF?

Mar 26, 2013
as a fan of the game I do not want an 0-0 pitchers duel broken up by an IP call. Unless a girl throws a pitch overhand or does a walk through.
I would agree if it was just 1 random IP call that broke up the pitchers duel. However, the run scored on the 2nd IP call in the inning and she's entirely responsible for that. Also, the 2nd IP call wouldn't have happened if her F3 hadn't committed an error that prolonged the AB.

Sep 18, 2011
Also, the 2nd IP call wouldn't have happened if her F3 hadn't committed an error that prolonged the AB.

Not to totally change the subject, but so far this young season I've been seeing some pretty awful defense being played. Lots of errors. Sorry for the digression.

May 13, 2012
like i started the thread on and some others mentioned. Umpires on here that show up to their first tourny and no clarifcations have been sent to you from your governing body how are you going to rule?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Corrie00