First taste of southern softball

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Dec 20, 2012
The kid has been in the NW for the last year and has gotten soft. It was 97 today when we she was throwing and she looked like she was gonna die. She asked me "has it always been this hot here???". lol

Dec 18, 2012
#7sDad...Welcome to the South! I'm not sure which RI team you are but my DD's team might have you in first bracket game if your first bracket game is Burnt Hickory Field 2 at 6:00 pm on Saturday...if so I'd love to say hi and give you a Georgia welcome...come over and ask for #13's mom!
PS--Sorry it is so hot (and might rain!) this weekend!

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
"
If you've got some down time, Atlanta is only an hour from Dallas. Take your girls to some of the sights. Turner Field won't be around much longer, World of Coke is always cool, the aquarium is huge, and if you don't know what the King and Queen of Atlanta are, at least drive your girls past them. Remember, it's pronounced At-lanna! No t at the end! :)

If you go downtown have lunch or dinner at The Varsity.

Jun 12, 2015
There are so many better places to eat than the Varsity! This tournament is very close to where I live. Mount Tabor is my "home" park. We'll be otherwise occupied this weekend (with tournaments not so close to me, sadly) or we'd come watch this one. I hope the rain stays away! Tabor in particular has terrible drainage (Burnt Hickory is better - it's a gorgeous park, too).

Oct 19, 2009
I don't think I've been to any parks in Georgia that DON'T allow outside food. The concession stand food tends to be cheap but it's not remotely healthy.

Some of the parks or tournament directors actually sell the vending rights to other parties and it can be expensive for them. They handle the gate fees and vending and their profit depends on sales and money collected at the gates. They actually check at the gates for outside food and having more than one cooler per team. We have not seen it often, but it has happen to us a few times.

Jun 12, 2015
I've had that happen in AL, no coolers or outside food. I haven't run into it here in GA yet. Hopefully I won't anytime soon. We always bring a cooler.

JAD

Feb 20, 2012
Georgia
I've had that happen in AL, no coolers or outside food. I haven't run into it here in GA yet. Hopefully I won't anytime soon. We always bring a cooler.

We have played in probably a hundred tournaments in GA and have never been denied bringing in a small personal cooler with water and Gatorade. Now a 120-quart Yeti might be a different story....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sharonastokes