Fingers red, slightly swollen, and tingles

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

May 15, 2008
Cape Cod Mass.
If the temperatures are cold it could be Reynaud's Syndrome. This is basically poor circulation in the extremities, fingers and also toes. It is aggravated by cold temperatures. I had it and it was undiagnosed for 20 some years, my fingers and especially my toes would get red and very pressure sensitive in cold weather, as the weather warmed up it went away. Make sure you ask the doctor about it.

Dec 26, 2009
Well I thought I would post an update. DD continues to pitch and was getting most of the innings on her team. Team has 6 pitchers and she was far ahead in innings pitched, so she has been doing quite well. We continued to keep an eye on this and have noticed it rarely since last summer. When this does happen it seems its related to throwing a number of pitches in quick succession with little to no break between pitches. Not a quick pitch drill or anything like that, just in a good rhythm and throwing quickly. Although a quick pitch drill will bring it on (drill when try to through as many pitches as possible in a minute). Needless to say, we rarely do that drill. When she/I notice it we take a short break, elevate her hand above her heart for a few minutes and slow the pace down and it seems to go away. The Dr back than said it might just go away as she grows since the geometry in her skeleton structure will change.

Now have a new problem that I will start a new thread on, recovery from a broken middle finger on pitching hand.

Jun 14, 2011
Field of Dreams
Kenzie Fowler, pitcher for U of Arizona suffered from TO sydrome during her senior year in high school and needed surgery. Good to have the diagnosis at this time as it is something to keep an eye on as you are. Sorry to hear she has suffered an injury. She could do "J" bands for her shoulders? increased flexibility and strength - would be good prevention and she can go through motion wearing cuff so as not to bother her fingers at all? just a thought.

Jun 18, 2010
Illinois
So glad I found this thread. I am 39yr old mom... my DD's travelball coach asked if I would pitch to the girls, as I pitched in HS & a travel team myself (back in the day).
Well of course I can't lift my arm today, but that was to be expected... but I had numbness in my hand last night pitching & little red dots over 1/2 my hand & up to the middle nuckle of all fingers... almost like broken bloodvessels. Well the swelling went down sometime overnight in my hand, but my fingers & hand are still discolored today. I really worried what it was!
Its not my team (I'm just a mom), so I did as the coach asked... but pitching to 8 out of the 13 girls, full buckets, no break - was TOO much! I will speak up next time (if there is a next time)!
Thanks for putting this out there!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chadd