Female Hitters and the HLBB pattern ?

Welcome to Discuss Fastpitch

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Softball Community on the Web.

Jan 24, 2011
Are there any current or recent female players that have achieved or are very close to the famed "HLBB pattern"? If so , who do you guys believe they are?

Jan 13, 2012
Are there any current or recent female players that have achieved or are very close to the famed "HLBB pattern"? If so , who do you guys believe they are?

Jen Yee, Crystl Bustos, and the one from Alabama who keeps getting posted. There are some others, but I don't know their names.

Oct 25, 2009
Such as......? I was told in another thread that there are few examples of female hitters that have the HLBB pattern.

I just flipped over to the Model Swings thread and picked the first one I thought was one: Post #574.

28009j.gif

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2008
Lexington,Ohio
I know this is kind of off topic, but in 12 years of fastpitch it never came up. It's related to this topic. Have any of you had to face a pitcher on a mound in fastpitch. We played in a 18U tourney down in SC and they had us play on fields with a mound. The first pitcher was 6'1" and our kids could hit her with the ball flight downward. It took about 3 games before we could hit. It really changes the ball flight and how you have to adjust your swing. Just one more difference between baseball and softball.

Oct 25, 2009
I know this is kind of off topic, but in 12 years of fastpitch it never came up. It's related to this topic. Have any of you had to face a pitcher on a mound in fastpitch. We played in a 18U tourney down in SC and they had us play on fields with a mound. The first pitcher was 6'1" and our kids could hit her with the ball flight downward. It took about 3 games before we could hit. It really changes the ball flight and how you have to adjust your swing. Just one more difference between baseball and softball.

I'd like to hear more about this. I would guess that 99.9% of the fastpitch pitchers would have a really rough time pitching from a mound without prior practice.

We've played on fields that had a mound but we've never had to pitch from the mound.

Apr 1, 2010
Jen Yee, Crystl Bustos, and the one from Alabama who keeps getting posted. There are some others, but I don't know their names.

I love watching Jen Yee's swing. I just went out to check her GT stats. Her results are especially impressive when you consider that she was a 5'6" (and I think that was generous) second baseman. In her senior season, she had 29 home runs, a slugging percentage of 1.270 and an on base percentage of .732 for an OPS of 2.002. It's pretty darned incredible to produce those numbers from that size body IMO.

Jan 27, 2010
NJ
Jen was pretty impressive. That was the year Hawaii made it to OKC with lots of hits going yard. They started checking bats the next year. Seemed a bit coincidental to me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spinner55